Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Power of attourney or not

Power of attourney or not

Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:26 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light
Default Power of attourney or not

I'm leaving for Brisbane on the 18th Sept. Had an offer on the house so all is looking rosy but I know things wont be tied up by the time I leave.My original plan was to leave my Father Inlaw as power of attourney but my solicitor dealing with the sale suggested I just have pre signed pre drawn up letters to deal with things ,to save us money.
Just wondered has anyone done it this way before?
Old Jul 29th 2006, 8:42 pm
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power of attourney or not

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.
I'm leaving for Brisbane on the 18th Sept. Had an offer on the house so all is looking rosy but I know things wont be tied up by the time I leave.My original plan was to leave my Father Inlaw as power of attourney but my solicitor dealing with the sale suggested I just have pre signed pre drawn up letters to deal with things ,to save us money.
going for a power of attorney would mean that your fil could deal with anything unexpected that turned up - however generally i would suggest going with the advice of your solicitor after all you are paying them for their expertise

t
Old Jul 29th 2006, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

LINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond reputeLINZI has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Power of attourney or not

Originally Posted by Mid Lifer.

Hi there i have sent you a private message as well we had our solicitor sort out so our mother in laws had power of attorney so they could sign for house sale and banks ects...... our house sale has just fallen through so that was awful!!
as we put the house for sale before we left and needed someone in england to deal with things it did not cost much more and the solicitor also said he could of been our power of attorney as well!xx p.s hope this helps!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 5:20 am
BE Forum Addict

YoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond reputeYoSemite has a reputation beyond repute

left my dad as power of attorney to sell my flat as wasn't completed before i left. And also for my car as needed it right up until i went to the airport!

Solicitors usually have a standard POA form which they can add/subract from, and actually signing and going through the form shouldn't take long as really quite straight forward. They shouldn't be charging too much for this as is an easy process!!!!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YoSemite
left my dad as power of attorney to sell my flat as wasn't completed before i left. And also for my car as needed it right up until i went to the airport!

Solicitors usually have a standard POA form which they can add/subract from, and actually signing and going through the form shouldn't take long as really quite straight forward. They shouldn't be charging too much for this as is an easy process!!!!

i left my dad with POA, but i would recommend having certified copies of the POA done by your solicitor too. Dad had to go in ti the Halifax & sort a small matter out for me and thya wanted to see POA, when produced they said it wasn't correct & wanted to see a certified copy. The thing is Mum did the POA for us she works in solicitors & got a partner to do the certified copy, but there was nowt wrong with the orginal just Halifax being funny!!
Old Jul 30th 2006, 9:57 am
Jif
Forum Regular

Jif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant futureJif has a brilliant future

Solicitors usually charge quite a bit to be an attorney for you
Old Jul 30th 2006, 1:46 pm
Where's the factor 30.

Mid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of lightMid Lifer. is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jif
Solicitors usually charge quite a bit to be an attorney for you
Thanks for your reply's.I probably will get my FIL to be POE just to put my mind at rest.Probably do his head in tho .He hates legal and money stuff