Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Power of Attorney?

Power of Attorney?

Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Power of Attorney?

Hi guys,

When leaving for Oz did anyone appoint a family member/friend as a power of attorney in the UK and if so for what sort of things.

Thanks in anticipation!!

Lucy
Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Power of Attorney?

Originally Posted by lucy.summers
Hi guys,

When leaving for Oz did anyone appoint a family member/friend as a power of attorney in the UK and if so for what sort of things.

Thanks in anticipation!!

Lucy
Yes, my dad. He can use it to sort just about anything out for me in the UK Haven't needed it for anything really important yet though but he has been able to sort out my bank account for me a few times when I lost my credit card linked to my British account for example.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

lucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of lightlucy.summers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Yes, my dad. He can use it to sort just about anything out for me in the UK Haven't needed it for anything really important yet though but he has been able to sort out my bank account for me a few times when I lost my credit card linked to my British account for example.
Thanks - that's the sort of thing I was thinking of.
Old Mar 30th 2006, 9:53 pm
BAY
BE Enthusiast

BAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to beholdBAY is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Teliko21
How do you go about appointing someone to be Power of Attorney? Is it just a quick thing a solicitor can sort out ? and roughly how much did it cost to get sorted ?

Thanks,

Bryan
Old Mar 30th 2006, 10:17 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BAY
How do you go about appointing someone to be Power of Attorney? Is it just a quick thing a solicitor can sort out ? and roughly how much did it cost to get sorted ?

Thanks,

Bryan
Yea, it's a standard form down at the solicitors. Shouldn't cost more than about 20 quid - not sure of the pricing because we had ours down when we got our wills written (two for one deal - lol!)
Old Mar 31st 2006, 1:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

We didn't get it sorted out through a solicitor, I just typed something up on the computer and signed it. It seems to work :P There may be instances where this won't be sufficient but I have not encountered them yet.
Old Mar 31st 2006, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

The Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of lightThe Bevs is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by BAY

Thanks,

Bryan
We gave my bil power of attorney to deal with the house sale, think it was a case of filling a form at solicitors and a 100 pound fee. Hope this helps. Sue
Old Mar 31st 2006, 2:26 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

You can order the forms online in a PDF format from Oyez (and I am sure others) Link below for Oyez.

http://www.oyezformslink.co.uk/powerofattorney.asp

Another site for you all and this also explains the different types of POA

http://www.clickdocs.co.uk/power-of-attorney.htm

Last edited by Vanessa; Mar 31st 2006 at 2:29 am.