Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Townsville - Roll Call

Townsville - Roll Call

Old Mar 6th 2012, 12:34 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice
Default Townsville - Roll Call

Hi all,

My family and I are hopefully moving to Townsville later this year from Melbourne and would love to hear from any expats who have done the same. Just how many of you are there and how have you settled in? I'm in IT and so putting the feelers out for a bit of networking

Ecto.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 8:11 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Townsville - Roll Call

Originally Posted by ectomorph
Hi all,

My family and I are hopefully moving to Townsville later this year from Melbourne and would love to hear from any expats who have done the same. Just how many of you are there and how have you settled in? I'm in IT and so putting the feelers out for a bit of networking

Ecto.
This might be worth a squiz? - https://www.facebook.com/groups/townsvillegroup/
Old Mar 7th 2012, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice

Been in Townsville 9 yeas now and in IT. Never live in Melbourne, came here form the Sunshine coast. So what do you want to know?
Old Mar 8th 2012, 12:36 am
True Blue

ectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really niceectomorph is just really nice

Thanks for link Jen1977ni, I shall be joining the group.

Hi derf, thanks for responding. Obviously finding work in my field (IT) is critical in deciding whether we can make the move or not and so getting a feel for the market is essential. As a fellow IT'er, what are your experiences in working in this field as far as opportunity and demand go? Would you be able to point me in the right direction with who I should be talking to / networking with, people, groups, companies etc. PM me if you prefer. Any help is always welcome

We were in Townsville the other month doing a reccie from Melbourne just to checking out schools and houses etc, just to reaffirm Townsville is the place for us.

Cheers all !
Old Mar 8th 2012, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice

sent you a pm..
Old Jan 17th 2013, 10:45 pm
True Blue

Been in the Ville for 3 motnhs now. Awesome.

Old Jan 17th 2013, 11:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Been in the Ville for 3 motnhs now. Awesome.

I've heard the heat/humidity is unbearable. Friends of ours have just left TV for Brisvegas and they are enjoying the cooler weather so much more. Their old dog seems to have regained some of his lost energy lol
Old Jan 18th 2013, 12:04 am
True Blue

I guess some people arnt good with the heat, but we're doing just fine luckily. Love the consistently nice warm days so far. The nights are actually quiet comfortable compared to places like Darwin.
Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:21 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

I guess some people arnt good with the heat, but we're doing just fine luckily. Love the consistently nice warm days so far. The nights are actually quiet comfortable compared to places like Darwin.
Yeah, we nearly ended up in Darwin but luckily got posted to Bris, still very hot down here, and humid, yuck lol
Old Jan 18th 2013, 1:33 am
Forum Regular

Scot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to allScot_expat is a name known to all

To be honest - I travel to Brisbane probably twice a month as I have friends and a sister down there, but the temperature feels pretty much the same.

Every time I hop off the plane it feels just like how I left Townsville.

The only time you feel the humidity in Townsville is if you live near the creeks/rivers, and it's a similar story in Brisbane.