Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pottsville/Casuarina areas

Pottsville/Casuarina areas

Old May 7th 2012, 4:16 am
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Pottsville/Casuarina areas

Anyone live here, or near here?
Any advice on what it's ACTUALLY like? I have visited Byro and all surrounds and drove past this area but honestly I can't tell from a car....
Old May 7th 2012, 9:49 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: Pottsville/Casuarina areas

First Born did much of her 100 hours driving down there but considering the number of times I've been through I can't say they've made much of an impression to be honest. I personally hate Kingscliff (I consider Casuarina to be an extension of Kingscliff) and the kids at the High School are fairly bleugh but I know people who'd love to move down there. Pottsville, again, driven through a lot but it seems just a normal suburb, nothing majorly yuck or particularly wow.

It's not far, if you want me to pop down any time to have a nose and a slow drive (non perv like) around any of the schools, just shout. It's not like I have work or anything else to do at the moment.
Old May 7th 2012, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Pottsville/Casuarina areas

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
First Born did much of her 100 hours driving down there but considering the number of times I've been through I can't say they've made much of an impression to be honest. I personally hate Kingscliff (I consider Casuarina to be an extension of Kingscliff) and the kids at the High School are fairly bleugh but I know people who'd love to move down there. Pottsville, again, driven through a lot but it seems just a normal suburb, nothing majorly yuck or particularly wow.

It's not far, if you want me to pop down any time to have a nose and a slow drive (non perv like) around any of the schools, just shout. It's not like I have work or anything else to do at the moment.

Oh WOW, DO IT....its the schools basically, and its a 2 year relocation and then back to SYdney....so it's not THE END OF THE WORLD....schools (primary) concern me...but I really dunno....
Old May 7th 2012, 10:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pottsville/Casuarina areas

Originally Posted by plantpot
Oh WOW, DO IT....its the schools basically, and its a 2 year relocation and then back to SYdney....so it's not THE END OF THE WORLD....schools (primary) concern me...but I really dunno....
Where are you going to be working? PM me if you don't want it public, oh and let me know the schools you're looking at. There don't appear to be many down there. I wouldn't want to be there with high school age kids, that's for sure.