Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

potential migrant Electricians

Wikiposts

potential migrant Electricians

Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice
Default Re: potential migrant Electricians

Originally Posted by Pickle
What i would really like to know is what about electricians that do not do instalation work, I've been working here in england for 17 years as a maintenance electrician. i would really like to know what my type of work is called over in oz as all the electricians threads in here are to do with instalation sparkies not maint sparks. i don't have any JIB qualifications and have never needed them here in the uk.
did you go the NVQ route, or just in-house training. a lot of maintenance sparks have 16th edition, which is always useful -do you?

jamie
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:42 am

NKSK is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not an electrician but can we have a bit more from Carreyn1?

His turn of phrase and just how mad he was made for great entertainment!!
Old Apr 7th 2005, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jamiem
did you go the NVQ route, or just in-house training. a lot of maintenance sparks have 16th edition, which is always useful -do you?

jamie

My qualifications are city and guilds 236 then ONC electrical electronic during my land rover apprenticeship, I did do 15th edition but never updated as its not required in my line of work as i never do and instalations.
I have qualifications such as siemens S7 plc, allen bradley plc, and hydraulics and pneumatics, ABB robots and lots more to bore you all with.
I've works for Land rover then BMW then Siemens dematic now back at Land rover till i move over to brissy.
I'm more into plc's and robots or any forms of automation really. I just hate doing instalations and would feel pretty bad if i had to do that in oz.
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future

My qualifications are city and guilds 236 then ONC electrical electronic during my land rover apprenticeship, I did do 15th edition but never updated as its not required in my line of work as i never do and instalations.
I have qualifications such as siemens S7 plc, allen bradley plc, and hydraulics and pneumatics, ABB robots and lots more to bore you all with.
I've works for Land rover then BMW then Siemens dematic now back at Land rover till i move over to brissy.
I'm more into plc's and robots or any forms of automation really. I just hate doing instalations and would feel pretty bad if i had to do that in oz.

have you done a tra or how have you got your visa only reason i say this no disrespect but you probably wouldnt get an installation electricians license with those qualifications anyway which you would need to get work as a spark.
i dare say you would walk into a maintainence sparks job it's just knowing where to look i suppose..
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Pickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura aboutPickle has a spectacular aura about

I got a spouse visa my girlfriend is australian.

Yeah i know my qualifications are no good for a instalations job which is ok as i don't want that I was just hoping i might find some info on my type of job as everytime i go on a electrician thread in here its alwasy installation type work that is spoken about.

cheers anyways guys
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future

I got a spouse visa my girlfriend is australian.

Yeah i know my qualifications are no good for a instalations job which is ok as i don't want that I was just hoping i might find some info on my type of job as everytime i go on a electrician thread in here its alwasy installation type work that is spoken about.

cheers anyways guys
look at it this way pickle your a one off on this forum then...
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

pickle dunno if this any good just did a quick search on google and this popped up

http://www.miscojobs.com/jobs/L_1/C_5/job_162152.htm

http://www.cracker.com.au/classified...yc3175870.aspx
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:35 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes more please, very funny, lol, " suck shit ya bastards"

hit the spot for me, still laughing away......................
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

ukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of lightukdarren22 is a glorious beacon of light

I am not sure what u would come under in australia, but maybe a good idea would be to contact the JIB, because u can get graded for time served, and that may class as a recognised qualification, an electrician I worked with got recognised as an electrician through time served, the JIB asked for a written proof from our boss and a few recommendations from jobs done.
Just an idea?
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by paulf
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yes more please, very funny, lol, " suck shit ya bastards"

hit the spot for me, still laughing away......................

the thing that made me laugh is he said he went over to oz in 1975 as a qualified spark so that was 30 years ago got to be around 21-22 to be qualified making him minimum 51-52ish

i dont know many blokes that age that say suck shit ya bastards
Old Apr 7th 2005, 9:09 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by baggie
the thing that made me laugh is he said he went over to oz in 1975 as a qualified spark so that was 30 years ago got to be around 21-22 to be qualified making him minimum 51-52ish

i dont know many blokes that age that say suck shit ya bastards

LOL i think its Barry Humphries the sparks.
still laughing tho, very funny post,,, "suck shit" hehehehe, talk about teaching ya granny to suck.................
Old Apr 7th 2005, 8:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really niceJamiem is just really nice

if you're well up on the plc's and control side i don't think you'll have any problems. I'll see if I can find out anything else for you.

Jamie
Old Apr 7th 2005, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

bcl74 is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I am in a similar position to pickle although I have had my skills assessed by the tra, maint spark, have 16th edition no formal trade qualifications but do have an hnc. best bet is to apply to tra and see what they come up with?

Brian
Old Apr 7th 2005, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

carlos1340 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bcl74
Hi,

I am in a similar position to pickle although I have had my skills assessed by the tra, maint spark, have 16th edition no formal trade qualifications but do have an hnc. best bet is to apply to tra and see what they come up with?

Brian

I am the same as you guys, a time served maintenance electrician, industrial experience only, the only house bashing I've ever done is for friends and family. I have ONC, HNC and NVQ3 in Electrical/Electronics with 13 years experience. I came over to OZ in January, landed in Brisbane and after a lot of false starts ( meetings that were supposed to happen, but didn't), have just been issued with an ARTC as an electrical fitter, this means I am not allowed to do any installation work. I am working through SKILLED.COM, as an electrician building 33KV switchgear for all the major Australian Power companies.
If anybody has any questions, feel free to pm me.
Old Apr 8th 2005, 12:15 am
J+J
Small Member

J+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant futureJ+J has a brilliant future

Very similar to my position, but I did an HNC after to ONC.
I didn't do the TRA I went for IEAust and got recognised as a systems engineer, which kind of fits what I do now.
I've no idea what job I'll even apply for or fit into when I get there which is a bit scary as its only 66 days now.
If anyone can shed any light on this kind of work, I'd be greatful to hear too.

If not you can all " Suck Shit " LOL that man was funny.

Cheers all

J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.