Reload this Page >

Potential Meet Up!

Potential Meet Up!

Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:27 am
Just Joined

ChristinaMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Potential Meet Up!

Hi guys,

I previously joined this board way back in November and because I did not know what my plans were in Oz so i didnt really post.

I am currently going through the process of obtaining a 457 Visa on the back of my partner. We are at the moment on a Working Holiday Visa but we have been told that our 457 will take about 10 weeks to process.

However, i will get back to the initial point i was going to make....

It would be really nice (because i know nobody in Oz apart from my future in-laws) to get a meet up with some Brits who are like minded. I am in my mid 20's and i'm from Scotland and I am a bit of chatterbox and very easy-going. As i said, i know nobody here in Oz that is the same age as me and I miss my friends terribly from back home so it would be nice to make some British friends

If anyone out there can make any suggestions as to what the best way to go about getting a meet up arranged i would really appreciate it.

Cheers – Christina
Old Apr 11th 2008, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Potential Meet Up!

there is a meet up at kings park on the first sunday in may

and there will be other 457 visa holder there so come along

where are you based ? if you are north then go to hilliarys on a tuesday or the pub at mindarie on thursday - for other meet ups
Old Apr 14th 2008, 5:28 am
Just Joined

ChristinaMc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Potential Meet Up!

Originally Posted by hitchcock71
there is a meet up at kings park on the first sunday in may

and there will be other 457 visa holder there so come along

where are you based ? if you are north then go to hilliarys on a tuesday or the pub at mindarie on thursday - for other meet ups

That sounds great! I am based in Mt Hawthorn but i don't drive so sometimes getting about can be tricky. Do these meet ups normally attract a bit crowd?