Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

posts about starting with little or no cash in Oz

posts about starting with little or no cash in Oz

Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough
Default posts about starting with little or no cash in Oz

Can any point me in the right direction for posts about starting with little or no cash in Oz please?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 9:50 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: posts about starting with little or no cash in Oz

Originally Posted by pomgrrl
Can any point me in the right direction for posts about starting with little or no cash in Oz please?
Do a search on "how much did you bring?"
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

pomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the roughpomgrrl is a jewel in the rough

tried that but found nada, what am i doing wrong?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:44 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

tried that but found nada, what am i doing wrong?
Using to general a search criteria probably
Try searching words like how much equity or how much cash.
Try these threads
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+did+you+bring

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...+did+you+bring
Old Apr 9th 2007, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

Wow this is amazing! Best post Ive read on here.
Now these people know how to make things work! Well done!

Me, hubby and daughter came out here with no more than £1000, and that bought us a car so atleast we could get around. We had somewhere to stay rent free when we got here s that helped us a bit but it was still bloody hard. Now, 14 months on we own our own 4 bed house on a 900 block of land and the car we bought for $1200 is still running us around!
You can come out here skint and make it happen, we're living proof of that. It doesn't really matter how much money you've got as long as you've got the strength to survive.

Marie

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...i d+you+bring

Me, I reckon its more about making it work for you and your family. Also everyone will be in a different situation.
e.g. some people will go to Australia with a full time job lined up for arrival and accomodation organised.
Others may be going into Australia with nothing organised. So may need money to get by on until that job is organised.

It is good to read stories like the one Ive pasted. As gives everyone that little bit of courage for starting out.

Well done Marie and family.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 1:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond reputeGems has a reputation beyond repute

PS,
Marie posted under 68MEVY. I wonder how things are going now?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

I thought you had to have a minimum amount of cash to get your visa?
Old Apr 9th 2007, 10:17 pm
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice

Get a copy of lonly planet or another travel buget guide. It will help. Especialy if you have no kids.

Old Apr 10th 2007, 1:54 am
Forum Regular

By the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really niceBy the Avon is just really nice

Originally Posted by Teabag
I thought you had to have a minimum amount of cash to get your visa?
Doesn't that depend on your visa type?