Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Posting Aftershave - UK to Australia

Posting Aftershave - UK to Australia

Old Dec 6th 2013, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute
Default Posting Aftershave - UK to Australia

The aftershave that I love is not available anywhere in Australia and the Company in the UK that sells it doesn't ship to Aus. I brought a bottle and got it sent to my Mom to post but the Post Office won't allow aftershave to be sent as it's flammable. Does anyone know any way to get aftershave shipped from the UK to Aus? Or what would the chances of this being 'caught' be if it was in a box with some other stuff / what would the repercussions be?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 7:36 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Posting Aftershave - UK to Australia

They would confiscate it and tell you not to do it again. Wrap some drugs around it, they will never find it.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 8:46 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
The aftershave that I love is not available anywhere in Australia and the Company in the UK that sells it doesn't ship to Aus. I brought a bottle and got it sent to my Mom to post but the Post Office won't allow aftershave to be sent as it's flammable. Does anyone know any way to get aftershave shipped from the UK to Aus? Or what would the chances of this being 'caught' be if it was in a box with some other stuff / what would the repercussions be?
Pretty sure you'd be able to get it shipped via sea mail. As long as you're not in a hurry

Perfume, aftershave etc is classified under Dangerous Goods in Australia (and, I believe, some other countries including the UK). Within Australia, it can only be sent via road.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Dec 6th 2013 at 8:50 am.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:39 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried http://au.strawberrynet.com/main.aspx
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:43 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
Was wondering how some companies managed to get it over here northernbird - Aus Post site says companies can fly perfume/aftershave etc within Australia if they have a 'dangerous goods contract' with them (Aus Post). Might be the same with overseas companies?

I didn't know any of this stuff so have just looked it up - and now I'm wondering how my eBay perfume from the US got delivered!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:47 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Was wondering how some companies managed to get it over here northernbird - Aus Post site says companies can fly perfume/aftershave etc within Australia if they have a 'dangerous goods contract' with them (Aus Post). Might be the same with overseas companies?

I didn't know any of this stuff so have just looked it up - and now I'm wondering how my eBay perfume from the US got delivered!
I have ordered perfume from this company so I know they post that.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 9:51 am
Concierge

Makes sense, I suppose they wouldn't advertise here if they couldn't deliver. My sister uses strawberrynet a lot, loves it.
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:16 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

stop using aftershave and become a real aussie?
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:22 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by furkew
stop using aftershave and become a real aussie?
Oi furkew! (quite enjoyed writing that)

Some Aussie men love using aftershave, and some of them even eat quiche
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:24 am
Gutter Gob!!

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Oi furkew! (quite enjoyed writing that)

Some Aussie men love using aftershave, and some of them even eat quiche
Or egg pie as one of my aussie mates calls it, real men don't eat quiche
Old Dec 6th 2013, 10:29 am
Concierge

Or egg pie as one of my aussie mates calls it, real men don't eat quiche
'Egg pie', bloody typical!!
Old Dec 6th 2013, 11:22 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Whats the name of the aftershave.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have any issues with this company? They have the one I like as listed although I am aware that the particular aftershave is only available direct from the maker so makes me a bit suspicious. It's not even available in UK aftershave shops or online except from the maker.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 6:27 am
Gutter Gob!!

Did you have any issues with this company? They have the one I like as listed although I am aware that the particular aftershave is only available direct from the maker so makes me a bit suspicious. It's not even available in UK aftershave shops or online except from the maker.
No, have used them many times and the service is excellent.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

If not try cosmetics.com or Fragrance.com.Sorry don't have the link handy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.