Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Posted Visa but still not been recieved!

Posted Visa but still not been recieved!

Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Bluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant future
Default Posted Visa but still not been recieved!

Hi there, looking for some advice.
We have done all of the hard work in applying for our visa. My OH has a job offer in Townsville and we are hoping to move in August. However I posted our visa application 2 weeks ago, it was to go recorded delivery and had a tracker on it so I could keep tabs on it, well, it was last tracked on the 19th March, and I'm now getting really worried that something has happened to it! Everyone knows what it contains, all the hard work we go through getting every piece of our lives enclosed in that brown package, and it's just disappeared!!!
Someone could be stealing mine and my families ID's at this very moment, either that or it was on that poor plane that crashed in Tokyo!
I could really do with some positive thinking at the moment as I'm so stressed with each and every passing day!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

Fabienne will become famous soon enoughFabienne will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Posted Visa but still not been recieved!

Originally Posted by Bluekim
We have done all of the hard work in applying for our visa. My OH has a job offer in Townsville and we are hoping to move in August. However I posted our visa application 2 weeks ago, it was to go recorded delivery and had a tracker on it so I could keep tabs on it, well, it was last tracked on the 19th March, and I'm now getting really worried that something has happened to it! Everyone knows what it contains, all the hard work we go through getting every piece of our lives enclosed in that brown package, and it's just disappeared!!!
Someone could be stealing mine and my families ID's at this very moment, either that or it was on that poor plane that crashed in Tokyo!
I could really do with some positive thinking at the moment as I'm so stressed with each and every passing day!
Hi there was it posted from Scotland to Australia? I doubt very much if it went via Tokyo, from Scotland the liklihood was it went Glasgow-Dubai-Australia. I sicnerely hope you did the sensible thing by photocopying every minute detail, dont worry the postal services arent as quick as in Europe and it will be either held up at Customs and waiting for the next plane out to wherever. I have every confidence this will get through so yes I am POSITIVE. Keep thinking positive thoughts as well! Please let me know when it arrives
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Bluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant futureBluekim has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Fabienne
Hi there was it posted from Scotland to Australia? I doubt very much if it went via Tokyo, from Scotland the liklihood was it went Glasgow-Dubai-Australia. I sicnerely hope you did the sensible thing by photocopying every minute detail, dont worry the postal services arent as quick as in Europe and it will be either held up at Customs and waiting for the next plane out to wherever. I have every confidence this will get through so yes I am POSITIVE. Keep thinking positive thoughts as well! Please let me know when it arrives
Thanks so much for the positive reply. And yes I did photocopy every single item that went into that parcel and am mighty glad I did!
Fingers crossed that we will hear in the next week that is has indeed arrived.
Thanks again, Kim.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much for the positive reply. And yes I did photocopy every single item that went into that parcel and am mighty glad I did!
Thanks again, Kim.
Kim, its sad when you have to photocopy every damned bit of your life lol but paranoia prevails lol and its a good job you did, I have had a few precious items sent via tracking which have caused me irregular heart beats when I cant find them, and wham they have arrived. Which part of Oz are you coming to ? Many times on tracked item it takes longer than regular post, its more than likely stuck in Customs where everything is tracker dogged, and x rayed before continuing on its journey. Dont spend too many sleepless nights over it and look forward to hearing "the good news" x
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks again, Kim.
Hi again Kim, I see it is Townsville your going to, so it maybe Glasgow-Dubai-Brisbane-Townsville, items that were tracked (well I couldnt see them for ages) took 2 weeks to go London -Perth, you'll be fine x
Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

Unfortunately International signed for isn't tracked by the royal mail once it has left the the UK so you won't ever see any further status update. But I believe Aus post will help in tracking it if you contact them with the UK reference and addressee details (Royal Mail make you wait 3 months then will investigate as if lost).
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spottydog
Unfortunately International signed for isn't tracked by the royal mail once it has left the the UK so you won't ever see any further status update. But I believe Aus post will help in tracking it if you contact them with the UK reference and addressee details (Royal Mail make you wait 3 months then will investigate as if lost).
strange spottydog, we use this service all the time and we manage to track right the way thro, although many times we loose track until either the oz or the uk end (eg, sometimes we loose sight of the document in Singapore ) anyway I am sure it will turn up, been using the service for 10 years and havent lost a thing thank goodness
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,
we used Parcelforce not Royal Mail. We could have sent it with RM at a cost of £20 but I thought I was getting a better service going with Parcelforce at a eyewatering £50! Just shows you that the more expensive doesn't always mean it's the best!
Originally Posted by spottydog
Old Mar 29th 2009, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

Hi all,
we used Parcelforce not Royal Mail. We could have sent it with RM at a cost of £20 but I thought I was getting a better service going with Parcelforce at a eyewatering £50! Just shows you that the more expensive doesn't always mean it's the best!
Blue, we have used parcel force and it is much slower and yes more expensive for sure, it's murphy's law isnt it, it should be there end of the week dont worry, have u found a home yet to move to or any ideas?
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Fabienne
Blue, we have used parcel force and it is much slower and yes more expensive for sure, it's murphy's law isnt it, it should be there end of the week dont worry, have u found a home yet to move to or any ideas?
Just heard from Parcelforce and YES they have lost my visa application!!!!!!!!!
I was so right to be worried. They have lost it, can you bl**dy believe it. All that hard work, all those things which I will need to replace at a cost and you wait and see just as I fork out for replacements they're find it and I wouldn't be able to claim with Parcelforce.

I'm really at the end of my teather at the moment! My OH is due to beginning his new job in Townsville in the middle of August, at this rate we're be lucky to have the visa ready for postage again, let alone a visa.

From a really T'd off Bluekim!!!!
Old Apr 3rd 2009, 7:44 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

How bloody awful :curse:
It still might be redirected to immigration eventually you just never know.
We used www.interparcel.co.uk which could be tracked all the way. They use DHL and it is cheaper than using them direct. It was £20.
I do really feel for you. It is stressful enough.
Sending you some K
J x
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
How bloody awful :curse:
It still might be redirected to immigration eventually you just never know.
We used www.interparcel.co.uk which could be tracked all the way. They use DHL and it is cheaper than using them direct. It was £20.
I do really feel for you. It is stressful enough.
Sending you some K
J x
Thanks for all of your positive messages.
It must have worked because we heard this morning that they have managed to track it down and it's now in Oz!!!!!
Whooooopppppyyyyy I am so relieved just hope that someone is there to sign for it!
We are so excited to be moving to Oz and have planned nearly every week leading up to the big day. Car boots and garage sales. Only taking few things with us.
Once we hear back about our visa we will be able to put all of these plans into motion.
Thanks everyone once again, it's great to know that you are all hear for me when I need you.
I hope I can be of some use to someone one day.
Cheers Kim. xxx
Old Apr 5th 2009, 4:22 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all of your positive messages.
It must have worked because we heard this morning that they have managed to track it down and it's now in Oz!!!!!
Whooooopppppyyyyy I am so relieved just hope that someone is there to sign for it!
We are so excited to be moving to Oz and have planned nearly every week leading up to the big day. Car boots and garage sales. Only taking few things with us.
Once we hear back about our visa we will be able to put all of these plans into motion.
Thanks everyone once again, it's great to know that you are all hear for me when I need you.
I hope I can be of some use to someone one day.
Cheers Kim. xxx
Bloody hell there is a god!
I'm really pleased for you Kim, it is seriously hard work when you have no control over it's fate and it's down to Parcelforce
I was up at 4.30am this morning carbooting our worthly goods and made £120
the house seems much clearer as it was all JUNK!
Fingers crossed that it is delivered to immi this week
J x
Old Apr 6th 2009, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jaycee1
Bloody hell there is a god!
I'm really pleased for you Kim, it is seriously hard work when you have no control over it's fate and it's down to Parcelforce
I was up at 4.30am this morning carbooting our worthly goods and made £120
the house seems much clearer as it was all JUNK!
Fingers crossed that it is delivered to immi this week
J x
Hi J

when and where are you off to?
Have you got your visa yet? And how long did it take?

Well done on making money at your carboot. I'm first going to do a garage sale and then with what's left I'll do as many carboots as it takes to get rid of the stuff.

Are you as excited as I am?
Kim.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 7:55 am
Former Resident Visa

Hi J

when and where are you off to?
Have you got your visa yet? And how long did it take?

Well done on making money at your carboot. I'm first going to do a garage sale and then with what's left I'll do as many carboots as it takes to get rid of the stuff.

Are you as excited as I am?
Kim.
We are on a former resident visa 47sv i lived in australia as a child but never got citizenship. I am returning to Melbourne where i grew up.
I'm really excited but have a house to sell or let before we go as we only have until 2nd of october to validate so its all go go go!!!
Where are you off to?
J x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.