Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Postal Strike and shipment

Wikiposts

Postal Strike and shipment

Old Oct 30th 2003, 9:38 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Postal Strike and shipment

Did not even think the strikes in London would affect me in York but just phoned excess baggage in Earls Court and discovered my paperwork for our shipment sent monday from York has not arrived due to the postal strike.

The shipment is being collected today and then we are in limbo until the strike ends and the post resumes in London

Oh well that will teach me for thinking things were going smoothly

Jo
Old Oct 30th 2003, 10:24 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

hope the strike doesnt affect the yellow envelopes being sent out
Old Oct 30th 2003, 11:15 pm
Just Joined

JandKS is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our passports back on Wednesday with our stickers in and they were only received at Oz House on Friday, so things are moving around London itself, I just don't know how fast they are going when they come into London from elsewhere.

Fingers crossed for you Jo that its not too long.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 2:02 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Excess Baggage at Earls Court said their last delivery of post this week was on Monday since then they have received nothing.
Old Oct 31st 2003, 2:44 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by joh117
Excess Baggage at Earls Court said their last delivery of post this week was on Monday since then they have received nothing.
i was about to post my main visa application off today but thought better of it. I think i'll wait til it's cleared up abit down there before risking all the paperwork! I'm not going through all that again!

on a similar note, I had a client post some photographs to me a week yesterday, they still haven't arrived! So if the post is moving in london, it certain isn't moving out of it!

Leigh
Old Oct 31st 2003, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Well I work and live in London and the only postie I have seen in the last week was sealing up letterboxes !!!!
Old Oct 31st 2003, 4:34 am
Forum Regular

graham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura aboutgraham__smith has a spectacular aura about

Smashing My wife and I have our passports at the high commision for evidencing.
Probably get them in a year.:scared:
Old Oct 31st 2003, 5:21 am
New Zealand Bound

rickandkara is an unknown quantity at this point

I booked a weekend away in Madrid with my friend of 20 years as a farewell weekend, really excited about going. NZ house posted my visa/passport special delivery on Monday. Should of arrived next day Tuesday, was going to fly to Madrid yesterday. I tried everything to get my passport back would have paid extract for a courier but the postal service said there was nothing they could do about it.
I'm totally gutted, although we are having a really good girly weekend in sunny Manchester.

Kara