Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Which Postal Service do you prefer?

View Poll Results: Which do prefer to use?
Auspost (who deliver the mail)
58.54%
Royal Mail (who deliver the post)
41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Which Postal Service do you prefer?

Old Jul 31st 2007, 7:35 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which Postal Service do you prefer?

Auspost for me. In my experience:

- the queues are shorter.
- the service quicker.
- less people arguing about their benefits.
- more curios.
- cheaper cards.
- cheaper postage.
- more helpful staff.

Let's keep it clean.

PS: Sorry for the typo in the question

Last edited by MartinLuther; Jul 31st 2007 at 7:38 am.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Postal Service do you prefer?

Auspost - mainly because there's no Saturday mail
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

i suppose i prefer Auspost. The service does seem quicker.

But i miss Saturday post.
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
i suppose i prefer Auspost. The service does seem quicker.

But i miss Saturday post.

Oh no! It's always something that needs dealing with straight away and you've got to wait for Monday morning, while being worried to death
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:31 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Wendy
Oh no! It's always something that needs dealing with straight away and you've got to wait for Monday morning, while being worried to death
Can't think of anything in particular that was worrying for me, but i know what you mean. Don't know why i miss it really. I suppose i got used to it. But i don't like having my letterbox at end of my garden either. Prefer it to be bunged through the door. I'm just a lazy git
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Can't think of anything in particular that was worrying for me, but i know what you mean. Don't know why i miss it really. I suppose i got used to it. But i don't like having my letterbox at end of my garden either. Prefer it to be bunged through the door. I'm just a lazy git

I remember when we were selling up to come here, and every Saturday you could guarantee there'd be something from the solicitor saying there was a problem with the sale and we needed to ring to sort it out. Of course they were shut Saturday's

Why they couldn't ring I don't know
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:38 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
the queues are shorter.
Seriously????
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

In my locality (It's all I know) Aus Post are brilliant. The staff in the shops are lovely, helpful, friendly etc. My postie is the best and things get to where I send them nice and quick. The miserable b*tches in the Royal Mail shop where I used to live must have been chosen for their complete inability to crack a smile or offer helpful advice. The queues here move fast, the staff don't go to lunch when everyone else is at lunch so the desks are open and - just realised I sound a tad obsessive, I'll stop there
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:53 am
Account Closed

The postmen seem to have fun on their mopeds too
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
In my locality (It's all I know) Aus Post are brilliant. The staff in the shops are lovely, helpful, friendly etc. My postie is the best and things get to where I send them nice and quick. The miserable b*tches in the Royal Mail shop where I used to live must have been chosen for their complete inability to crack a smile or offer helpful advice. The queues here move fast, the staff don't go to lunch when everyone else is at lunch so the desks are open and - just realised I sound a tad obsessive, I'll stop there
Royal Mail - three reason - they have lost less of my mail, the evil person that hates British passports works for Auspost, Royal Mail don't throw your mail in the garden and leave it to get rained on and sh*t on by parrots!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:56 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Royal Mail - three reason - they have lost less of my mail, the evil person that hates British passports works for Auspost, Royal Mail don't throw your mail in the garden and leave it to get rained on and sh*t on by parrots!
Thats why i prefer my mail delivered through the door. The amount of times i have found drenched letters and bills in my garden, with slugs and snails attached to them...........errrrrrrrrrrrr
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Royal mail. They did deliver it to the house, not to a p.o box 20 mins walk away.....
Old Jul 31st 2007, 8:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You're so living in the wrong place. My Aus Postie would sooner die than let my mail get wet. Oh and the parrots don't shit around us either - they know what's good for them
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:41 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

i will say Royal mail because i use to work for them!!!
Old Jul 31st 2007, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Ah you might have to explain to your Postie, That in your particular case Pollyanna does not refer to the Parrot living on your property, but is indeed a quirky Pommy name

Mail deliveries are going to be disrupted soon, most dangerous time of the year. Swooping time, Posties hit the Valium around about now, They also develop systems akin to shell shock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.