Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Postal Advice for documents

Wikiposts

Postal Advice for documents

Old May 17th 2004, 7:02 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ecando
Oh S**T Why didn't I check this site out before posting ... our QNC AND ANC apps have gone AWOL with good ol' Royal Mail (Signedfor service) .....
time to hit the and work out what the ^&%&^ to do now ...

I really hope you got copies mate, its a bummer when stuff goes missing. And to cap matters Royal Fail, rely on their complaints procedure as a plausable excuse and pass it off as good customer relations.... wot a load of tosh, pay for a service get a service, dont get it KILL SOMEONE !
Old May 17th 2004, 8:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DarrenD
Couldnt agree more. When you speak to Post Office, they promise it will be signed for blah blah blah etc. When youve sent it, only THEN find out they meant only tracked until leave UK.

Can I suggest you write to Adam Crozier, Chief Exec, Royal Mail (the guy who used to run the FA!). I did, and got a direct line to their international post dept for future use, a cheque for £20 and an apology ! That would pay for half the courier, effectively making it the same price as using the post.

However, my gripe is that if they say they provide an international signed for service to Oz, and give it a tracking number to Heathrow, and AusPost give it a tracking number, WHY cant UK post say if its been delivered, if Auspost know !! Then Why does it take month sand months to find out ? Its not as if they do it for free ?

I know this makes me sound like a whingeing pom, but if you pay for the service, you should get it, right ?
Do you have an address to write to? Same happened with my Skills to the IEAust in March. A week after sending stuff off I asked for a POD and after 4 or 5 phonecalls was told "Sorry Sir, we can only track it while in the UK...."investigation under way....2 months for results". What's the point of me paying for tracking? The Customer Service guy couldn't answer.

BTW, got reply from RM on 6 May telling me my letter was delivered on 22 March. Stupid thing is that I got my CC receipt from Oz in the post on 29 March.
Old May 17th 2004, 8:43 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by marco121068
Do you have an address to write to? Same happened with my Skills to the IEAust in March. A week after sending stuff off I asked for a POD and after 4 or 5 phonecalls was told "Sorry Sir, we can only track it while in the UK...."investigation under way....2 months for results". What's the point of me paying for tracking? The Customer Service guy couldn't answer.

BTW, got reply from RM on 6 May telling me my letter was delivered on 22 March. Stupid thing is that I got my CC receipt from Oz in the post on 29 March.

Here ya go

customer services centre
clippers house
po box 740
salford
m50 3yy

tel 08457 740 740
Old May 17th 2004, 10:03 pm
DarrenD

Adam Crozier
Chief Executive
Royal Mail Group plc
148 Old Street
LONDON
EC1V 9HQ

Note (before i get shot down) This address is publicly available, I am not providing any information not already in the public domain.

hope this helps :-) The salford bunch, bless 'em theyre only following orders but the system isnt set up to actually PROVIDE a service. I tried that way first. This address gets to the chief executives office. I dont imagine for one second he actually reads the letter, but it gets special attendition form a dept called 'Cheif Executives office' who have greater discreation and powers to fix problems.

There is a legal side to it that if you inform the person in charge of a company and they dont resolve it, the company has far less strong legal position, than just a call centre saying 'not interested'.

Old May 17th 2004, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DarrenD
Adam Crozier
Chief Executive
Royal Mail Group plc
148 Old Street
LONDON
EC1V 9HQ

Note (before i get shot down) This address is publicly available, I am not providing any information not already in the public domain.

hope this helps :-) The salford bunch, bless 'em theyre only following orders but the system isnt set up to actually PROVIDE a service. I tried that way first. This address gets to the chief executives office. I dont imagine for one second he actually reads the letter, but it gets special attendition form a dept called 'Cheif Executives office' who have greater discreation and powers to fix problems.

There is a legal side to it that if you inform the person in charge of a company and they dont resolve it, the company has far less strong legal position, than just a call centre saying 'not interested'.
Thanks for the address Darren. I'll get a letter off to him later on.
Old May 17th 2004, 10:15 pm
DarrenD

by the way, i'm not far from you. Live nr overton.

Old May 17th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
I really hope you got copies mate, its a bummer when stuff goes missing. And to cap matters Royal Fail, rely on their complaints procedure as a plausable excuse and pass it off as good customer relations.... wot a load of tosh, pay for a service get a service, dont get it KILL SOMEONE !
Our only hope ( ) is that two sets of documents have been sent two days apart and NEITHER have arrived ... We're just hoping thatthey're just bloody late, rather than taking up space in a postman's attic!
How long should I give them to get to Oz and be delivered?? I was told that both parcels were sent on the "first available aircraft the day after posting..."
Haven't heard of any cargo planes plummeting out of the sky!?

Next lot go via private courier ... don't care how much it costs!
Old May 17th 2004, 11:09 pm
Banned

Originally posted by ecando
Our only hope ( ) is that two sets of documents have been sent two days apart and NEITHER have arrived ... We're just hoping thatthey're just bloody late, rather than taking up space in a postman's attic!
How long should I give them to get to Oz and be delivered?? I was told that both parcels were sent on the "first available aircraft the day after posting..."
Haven't heard of any cargo planes plummeting out of the sky!?

Next lot go via private courier ... don't care how much it costs!

Approx 10 days uk to Oz
Old May 18th 2004, 12:08 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Approx 10 days uk to Oz
Before i tell you this i just want to point out i'm not defending the 'royal' (says it all) mail in anyway...ok ? is that clear? good then i shall begin.

My skills assessment and main application were sent via international signed for wotsit, and they arrived at their respective desitinations 3 days and 4 days after posting.... first attempt as well!

however, if i had the money at the time, i wouldn't have sent them by anything less than private courier. The only reason they went by RM was due to the fact i had multiple certified copies and i checked that the bank draft cheque things could be cancelled and reissued without loss of money.

The next big one for me will be the medicals, those are going dhl all the way! I'm not risking rm with those puppies.
Old May 18th 2004, 12:14 am
Just Joined

Lostinreading is an unknown quantity at this point

Well my postal recommendation has to go with UPS, we sent all the documents with them cost £40 approx, arrived and signed for within 6 days and this was not the quickest option either but was ok for us.
Old May 18th 2004, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Approx 10 days uk to Oz
best start filling out the claim forms .... and getting the docs organised again!

OH ..... err dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 18th 2004, 5:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile

:PARTY:
The morale of this story .... don't bother with signedfor service by the royal mail!!!!

I took advice from other places, and have phoned my credit card company .... one of the organisations have already debited my card!!!!
(Don't care if they do it ten times as least the docs are there!!!!!!!!!)

The debiting of my account took place 7 days after wandering into the PO with the parcel.

My account was debited 4 bloody days ago, and Royal Mail still can't tell me where the parcel is!!!!!

I'll be dropping Mr Crozier a 'nice' letter, asking for a refund for paying for this enhanced service .....

but so it's time for then
Old May 18th 2004, 5:40 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

We had a very similiar experience with Parcel Force who are of course the Royal Mail. We sent our TRA assessment form off nearly a month ago by international datapost which is supposedly fully trackable and signed for - supposed to be the safest possible way to send and cost £50. We still don't know for sure whether it actually arrived or not thanks to Parcel Force!

The tracking system is showing it arrived in Oz and delivery was attempted but failed - (hmm all of TRA must have had that day off then!) and that it went back to the depot and then nothing since that was 24th April! Dealing with their staff is a nightmare - none of them who I spoke to knew what they were doing, they contradicted themselves and each other all the time and on a few occassions because they didn't know how to answer my query I either got cut-of or put back into the "queue" I had been in for 10 minutes anyway!

We have been told by one of the "customer service" reps that it had definitely arrived. We were told by another that it was lost. We were told by an third to ignore the second as they didn't know what they were doing! We were told the tracking system had been entered incorectly, we were told it was definitely correct!

When I complained the staff were defensive, and rude and blamed people in Australia! I was told to fill in a complaints form if I wanted but that it wouldn't make any difference as I had received satisfactory service and they didn't care if they lost my custom!!!!

I have tried emailing TRA to see if they have received the application but got no reply. Please could you let me have the email address you used and got a reply from and I'll email again.
Thanks!

Old May 18th 2004, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by cagandchris

I have tried emailing TRA to see if they have received the application but got no reply. Please could you let me have the email address you used and got a reply from and I'll email again.
Thanks!

Is this for me??
Old May 18th 2004, 6:33 am
Loving life in Brissie

cagandchris will become famous soon enough

Sorry - no it was for Timber Floor Au - he said he emailed the TRA and got a response - just wondered if he used a different email address to me as I got no response ... unless you know of an email address for TRA???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.