Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Postal Advice for documents

Postal Advice for documents

Old May 5th 2004, 12:25 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Postal Advice for documents

Okay heres me bantering on, but for those that have to send an important document by post check this out !

On the morning of 18th March i was rushing round like a blue arsed fly, getting the paperwork id printed off , in readyness for the TRA review, and getting my bank stuff together for the review payment on a deeming date issue.

I phoned solicitor to check he could witness and stamp sign seal and swear me in..

9.00 am at solicitors, get everything sorted pay my ikkle fee to him, and bugger off to bank, sort payment at 10am get a copy of bank transfer and over to post office to USE the Royal Fail International Signed for postal service... their most secure international postal service !!!!

20 minutes later at about 11am i leave with my receipt and a cert to say my package would be delivered....

Allowing for the fact you shouldnt badger the TRA and allowing for postal times and processing times, i happily went to oz with family returning and emailing the TRA ... cos no reply !!

Dutifully they replied to my email, stating "Sorry No Review Documents Received" end of email....

I flew down to Post office with said receipt and certificate thingy... and 10 minutes later im told "If you would like to complain then please take this form"

Seethingly i read the form, loss must be reported within 14days of postage, Arggghhhh im foning em up the PRATS !!!

3rd attempt having listened to some dodgy essex bird apologising for 1st and 2nd class amalgamation and then being disconnected i listen to some daft message " Post is not considered lost until after 14 days of postage"

At this point im figuring out how to break the desk by head butting it.. when.. Hello you are thru to Michelle how may i help you........ 10 mins later im satisfactorily informed, the international checking of post can take 3 months .. THREEE F******G MONTHS UR OFF UR HED .... its international signed for post ffs ur most secure post available WHERE IS MY DAMN LETTER MY FUTURE AND MY FAMILYS LIFE HINGES ON THAT BLOODY LETTER.. oh well sir .... it appears lost, please fill in a complaint form and i will Stress to International Investigations your feelings... YEAH F***G RITE YA WILL.. at this point i DID HEADBUTT THE DESK AND USE THE FONE AS A BLOODY BOOMERANG!!!!! recoiling and smacking me in forehead upon my return from said Headbutt !!!

Do not try this at home,...

1 frantic email to my gorgeous wife who is like the rock of gibraltar in panicky situations and she calls me ..... this is LAST FRIDAY by the way the 30th April !!!!!

"hiya steve, ive foned DHL and they will send someone at between 4pm and 6pm to pick up package " okies i replied Hmmmph i thought , smart arse dont know sod all DHL just drive poxy orange merc sprinters at 100mph and break everything and lose it and SOD IT ITS HER FAULT if it goes pear shaped !!! ha ha ha i chuckled to myself

5pm ring ring went the doorbell... good afternoon sir, came this chirpy 30 yr old, i have a package to pick up, can you tell me the contents, "Letter" i retorted, and can you open it please, international deliveries require that we inspect contents, "yep ok m8" was my reply, gradually warming to this fella, i opened package, as he entered details on a pre printed form...

Thats great sir, if you can sign here, and i will fill out the rest of the form,, hmm Ok m8 i said ...

"oh i see youre off to Australia, TRA hey its a bugger all the paperwork, i tried and failed , but i loved my 1 yr out there as a backpacker" argggggggghhhh internally at the I got turned down bit !!!

ILL KILL THE WIFE !! silly cow dont know anything , pftttt

He gave me the receipt, said " well i wish ya all the luck in the world steve, and promptly left" i paused and thought PHUQ ME HES A NICE FELLA, bet he loses my package....

The package was due to be delivered on TUESDAY.. and i could check progree via the internet at www.dhl.com crap site by the way and using my receipt number track its every movement....

TUESDAY FFS !! no chance, so Monday Arvo , bank holiday im on tut net and fiddling and thought sod it ill have a look ...

DELIVERED MONDAY MORNING TO TRA AT 7:54am and SIGNED FOR BY JOY !!!!!

Now thats service !!!!!!

Moral of the story £42 it cost oh yeah thats extortionate for sumat that weighs less than a Pidgeons Pube, but IT GOT THERE !!

Peace of mind for £42.00 go DHL you are superstars!!

Incidentally no pidgeons were hurt during this rant and rave LOLOLOl

cyas xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old May 5th 2004, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Innyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud ofInnyjim has much to be proud of
Default Re: Postal Advice for documents

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Okay heres me bantering on, but for those that have to send an important document by post check this out !

On the morning of 18th March i was rushing round like a blue arsed fly, getting the paperwork id printed off , in readyness for the TRA review, and getting my bank stuff together for the review payment on a deeming date issue.

I phoned solicitor to check he could witness and stamp sign seal and swear me in..

9.00 am at solicitors, get everything sorted pay my ikkle fee to him, and bugger off to bank, sort payment at 10am get a copy of bank transfer and over to post office to USE the Royal Fail International Signed for postal service... their most secure international postal service !!!!

20 minutes later at about 11am i leave with my receipt and a cert to say my package would be delivered....

Allowing for the fact you shouldnt badger the TRA and allowing for postal times and processing times, i happily went to oz with family returning and emailing the TRA ... cos no reply !!

Dutifully they replied to my email, stating "Sorry No Review Documents Received" end of email....

I flew down to Post office with said receipt and certificate thingy... and 10 minutes later im told "If you would like to complain then please take this form"

Seethingly i read the form, loss must be reported within 14days of postage, Arggghhhh im foning em up the PRATS !!!

3rd attempt having listened to some dodgy essex bird apologising for 1st and 2nd class amalgamation and then being disconnected i listen to some daft message " Post is not considered lost until after 14 days of postage"

At this point im figuring out how to break the desk by head butting it.. when.. Hello you are thru to Michelle how may i help you........ 10 mins later im satisfactorily informed, the international checking of post can take 3 months .. THREEE F******G MONTHS UR OFF UR HED .... its international signed for post ffs ur most secure post available WHERE IS MY DAMN LETTER MY FUTURE AND MY FAMILYS LIFE HINGES ON THAT BLOODY LETTER.. oh well sir .... it appears lost, please fill in a complaint form and i will Stress to International Investigations your feelings... YEAH F***G RITE YA WILL.. at this point i DID HEADBUTT THE DESK AND USE THE FONE AS A BLOODY BOOMERANG!!!!! recoiling and smacking me in forehead upon my return from said Headbutt !!!

1 frantic email to my gorgeous wife who is like the rock of gibraltar in panicky situations and she calls me ..... this is LAST FRIDAY by the way the 30th April !!!!!

"hiya steve, ive foned DHL and they will send someone at between 4pm and 6pm to pick up package " okies i replied Hmmmph i thought , smart arse dont know sod all DHL just drive poxy orange merc sprinters at 100mph and break everything and lose it and SOD IT ITS HER FAULT if it goes pear shaped !!! ha ha ha i chuckled to myself

5pm ring ring went the doorbell... good afternoon sir, came this chirpy 30 yr old, i have a package to pick up, can you tell me the contents, "Letter" i retorted, and can you open it please, international deliveries require that we inspect contents, "yep ok m8" was my reply, gradually warming to this fella, i opened package, as he entered details on a pre printed form...

Thats great sir, if you can sign here, and i will fill out the rest of the form,, hmm Ok m8 i said ...

"oh i see youre off to Australia, TRA hey its a bugger all the paperwork, i tried and failed , but i loved my 1 yr out there as a backpacker" argggggggghhhh internally at the I got turned down bit !!!

He gave me the receipt, said " well i wish ya all the luck in the world steve, and promptly left" i paused and thought PHUQ ME HES A NICE FELLA, bet he loses my package....

The package was due to be delivered on TUESDAY.. and i could check progree via the internet at www.dhl.com crap site by the way and using my receipt number track its every movement....

TUESDAY FFS !! no chance, so Monday Arvo , bank holiday im on tut net and fiddling and thought sod it ill have a look ...

Now thats service !!!!!!

Moral of the story £42 it cost oh yeah thats extortionate for sumat that weighs less than a Pidgeons Pube, but IT GOT THERE !!

cyas xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Great post. Couldn't agree more, Royal Mail are shite. Their tracking system is shite. Their customer service oppos are shite. Deeling with them makes you feel like shite......

Viva DHL !!
Old May 5th 2004, 12:32 pm
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

What a ball ache!!! Glad you got sorted Timber......eventually.

Now sit down, deep breaths, big drink.

Old May 5th 2004, 12:37 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Now thats service !!!!!!

cyas xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Woz laid on me Timberfloor laughing at this one m8

You're nuts...........hope you get in just to cheer us all up

Phoenixuk2oz

Old May 5th 2004, 12:54 pm
Keeping Busy

arnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond reputearnie2oz has a reputation beyond repute

I can only add to your warnings Timber. I posted about DHL / Royal Mail after:-

1 Spending £45 on DHL letter to Queensland Nursing Council for Nikki.

2 Believing the Royal Mail stuff about tracking signed for package and sending apps to ANC & QNC.

I was absolutely horrified to keep getting the message from the Royal Mail tracking website 'Item being processed through our system for delivery' even AFTER we had received acknowledgements from both ANC & QNC 10 days after sending the letters.

I emailed them twice asking why their tracking system didn't work but have still not had an answer - just automated email acks!!!

How do they survive???

Stick with DHL who confirmed the time & date of delivery and as Timber says - The Name of the person who signs for the letter.

Peace of mind - Priceless!!

Graham
Old May 5th 2004, 12:55 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Now thats service !!!!!!

cyas xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cant get on dhl.com told u it was a crap website but heres a copy of the tracking from the site, i screenpicd on monday !!!
Attached Thumbnails Postal Advice for documents-dhl.jpg  
Old May 5th 2004, 1:14 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Timber, that was hilarious!! Glad the stuff got there in the end Hope I never get on the wrong side of you:scared: !!!
Old May 5th 2004, 1:25 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

How can a letter that is not recognised as lost be reported within 14 days as lost?

I take it you didn't see the C4 programme last week on the post office? Or in the news this week that they manage to 'lose' 14m letters a year mainly though putting them through the wrong letterbox.
Old May 5th 2004, 2:57 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Pollyana
Timber, that was hilarious!! Glad the stuff got there in the end Hope I never get on the wrong side of you:scared: !!!

Im a Pussycat heehee
Attached Thumbnails Postal Advice for documents-celeb-getmeout-b.jpeg  
Old May 5th 2004, 2:59 pm
Banned

Originally posted by walaj
How can a letter that is not recognised as lost be reported within 14 days as lost?

I take it you didn't see the C4 programme last week on the post office? Or in the news this week that they manage to 'lose' 14m letters a year mainly though putting them through the wrong letterbox.

Nope Wal, i missed it, im one of the few , and there must be some on here, that doesnt read newspapers, or indeed watch the news... my philosophy is no news is good news

But referring to the Royal Fail,

I can only best describe them in the immortal words of the farmer whos muck spredder bust

WHAT A SHOWER OF SHIT

Old May 5th 2004, 3:08 pm
DarrenD

Couldnt agree more. When you speak to Post Office, they promise it will be signed for blah blah blah etc. When youve sent it, only THEN find out they meant only tracked until leave UK.

Can I suggest you write to Adam Crozier, Chief Exec, Royal Mail (the guy who used to run the FA!). I did, and got a direct line to their international post dept for future use, a cheque for £20 and an apology ! That would pay for half the courier, effectively making it the same price as using the post.

However, my gripe is that if they say they provide an international signed for service to Oz, and give it a tracking number to Heathrow, and AusPost give it a tracking number, WHY cant UK post say if its been delivered, if Auspost know !! Then Why does it take month sand months to find out ? Its not as if they do it for free ?

I know this makes me sound like a whingeing pom, but if you pay for the service, you should get it, right ?

Old May 5th 2004, 3:14 pm
Banned

Originally posted by DarrenD
Couldnt agree more. When you speak to Post Office, they promise it will be signed for blah blah blah etc. When youve sent it, only THEN find out they meant only tracked until leave UK.

Can I suggest you write to Adam Crozier, Chief Exec, Royal Mail (the guy who used to run the FA!). I did, and got a direct line to their international post dept for future use, a cheque for £20 and an apology ! That would pay for half the courier, effectively making it the same price as using the post.

However, my gripe is that if they say they provide an international signed for service to Oz, and give it a tracking number to Heathrow, and AusPost give it a tracking number, WHY cant UK post say if its been delivered, if Auspost know !! Then Why does it take month sand months to find out ? Its not as if they do it for free ?

I know this makes me sound like a whingeing pom, but if you pay for the service, you should get it, right ?
Hitting the proverbial nail on the head mate !!! well said

I was told once the package left british shores , responsibility lands on someone elses plate... !!!

Omg what a retort that is.

Basically the Royal Fail offer a guaranteed we will get it in the post on a plane and sumwhere at 33.000 feet just over the bay of norfolk, the service expires and someone else is accountable .. I LUV THE UK !!!!
Old May 5th 2004, 3:27 pm
DarrenD

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
Hitting the proverbial nail on the head mate !!! well said

I was told once the package left british shores , responsibility lands on someone elses plate... !!!

Yeah but that's BS - you pay the Post Office the whole amount. Who they choose to subcontract to for delivery is their problem (they COULD use a courier if they wanted to!).

Accountability needs to rest with the UK Post Office. After all, if they didnt want the business, they should have said 'No thanks'

If its lost before delivery and youve got a receipt to say Royal Mail accepted it, they are liable.

Seeing the dispatches, I'm amazed anything gets there. Im beginning to sweat about sending passports to AHC for visas to be put in now though !

Old May 5th 2004, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough

Couldn't agree more - I was going to post mymedicals with Royal Mail - saw the documentary and news reports - 14.4million items of post 'lost' last year - thought perhaps not.

Fedex - door to door from London to Adelaide GBP51. Within 2 hours of leaving me my x-rays had taken off from Stansted airport and are currently flying on a plane out of Paris!

Best GBP51 ever spent.
Old May 18th 2004, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ecando will become famous soon enoughecando will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by arnie2oz
I can only add to your warnings Timber. I posted about DHL / Royal Mail after:-

1 Spending £45 on DHL letter to Queensland Nursing Council for Nikki.

2 Believing the Royal Mail stuff about tracking signed for package and sending apps to ANC & QNC.

I was absolutely horrified to keep getting the message from the Royal Mail tracking website 'Item being processed through our system for delivery' even AFTER we had received acknowledgements from both ANC & QNC 10 days after sending the letters.

I emailed them twice asking why their tracking system didn't work but have still not had an answer - just automated email acks!!!

How do they survive???

Stick with DHL who confirmed the time & date of delivery and as Timber says - The Name of the person who signs for the letter.

Peace of mind - Priceless!!

Graham

Oh S**T Why didn't I check this site out before posting ... our QNC AND ANC apps have gone AWOL with good ol' Royal Mail (Signedfor service) .....
time to hit the and work out what the ^&%&^ to do now ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.