Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Postage Uk to Oz

Postage Uk to Oz

Old May 25th 2010, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice
Default Postage Uk to Oz

I need to post some documents for my professional registration to Australia.

Who have people used and what sort of costs and delivery times have you had?

Cheers
Old May 27th 2010, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Pozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nicePozz is just really nice
Default Re: Postage Uk to Oz

Anyone?
Old May 27th 2010, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

HelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond reputeHelenTD has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I had to get a copy of my birth certificate recently and the registry people sent it by ordinary post - it never arrived. They sent a 2nd copy, also by ordinary post, and it never arrived. Then I paid a bit more, I think it was about GBP3.50, for the the Royal Post's "International Signed For" service, and it got here. I think that others have used a courier service, such as DHL or similar. Whatever you do end up using, I would recommend a service where someone has to sign for it, and get the most accurate address you can. It would probably be better to use a street address, rather than a PO Box one.
Old May 27th 2010, 1:01 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

There's tons of couriers out there who will guarantee delivery at a relatively low cost. i found one who actually use DHL but about half the price (can't find the name at the moment). It was £15 to send a whole pad of documents and we could track it online until it was signed for. Anything is better than relying on Royal Mail I'm afraid...
Old May 27th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the advice.

How quickly did it arrive?
Old May 27th 2010, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

DHL
Old May 27th 2010, 3:20 pm
not sure...

RedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond reputeRedT has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pozz
Thanks for the advice.

How quickly did it arrive?
I think it was about 48 hours door to door. Couldn't really be much quicker given the distance!
Old May 27th 2010, 3:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of

www.interparcel.com
Old May 28th 2010, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Camberwell/S.E London > Orpington > Mornington > heart will always be in Tullamore. Co Offaly
steve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to allsteve_kelly_and_boys is a name known to all

also

www.clickaparcel.com
www.parcel2go.com
also www.interparcel.com
must admit interparcel have ALWAYS worked out cheapest for me anywhere in the world
also sign up for them (costs nothing) and get 5% discount
if sending documents use the documents express service as it always works out cheaper and you dont have to do a customs form
they only use the biggest couriers at a discount and everything is fully trackable.
Old Jun 8th 2010, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

I used interparcel, who use DHL document express, so fingers crossed it gets there ok.

Many thanks for the advice guys.