Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post your new pool pics!

Post your new pool pics!

Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:06 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post your new pool pics!

Originally Posted by TracyAnne
Well spotted!! That bit is not yet finished, we have not had the inspection yet, still a few things to finish off.
Oh ok. Just be careful some inspector doesn't pop round without telling you first. They can and do. The fine around this way is something like a $1000 a day.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Agreed. Can't imagine that is legal Anyone other than a baby can climb the timber fence supports and hop over. It would worry me legally
the timber rails are on the pool side

we are not going to have a pool fence at all there are ways around not having them if you look into it.
we are going to s steel fly wire on sliding doors that slide shut and lock
windows that open on to pool will only open 100mm and a gate into the back yard.then the only way to get in if you are not invited is to climb a 1.8m fence with no rails on the out side of it.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robert cowan
the timber rails are on the pool side

we are not going to have a pool fence at all there are ways around not having them if you look into it.
we are going to s steel fly wire on sliding doors that slide shut and lock
windows that open on to pool will only open 100mm and a gate into the back yard.then the only way to get in if you are not invited is to climb a 1.8m fence with no rails on the out side of it.
The cross supports of the fence are running horizontally. Someone can stand on the supports and obviously the pool fence is then not high enough. I am talking about children in the home or garden. I personally am not interested in some idiot numpty climbing over the fence from next door. They possibly deserve all they get. Most children drownings happen in their own gardens or those of friends when they have found a way over the fence.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

The cross supports of the fence are running horizontally. Someone can stand on the supports and obviously the pool fence is then not high enough. I am talking about children in the home or garden. I personally am not interested in some idiot numpty climbing over the fence from next door. They possibly deserve all they get. Most children drownings happen in their own gardens or those of friends when they have found a way over the fence.
I agree. I'm surprised that they were allowed to fill the pool before the fence inspection anyway. The company that built our pool, would not finish it off, i.e. pebblecrete the interior until we had the fences installed and they had the certificate from the fence inspector.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 9:57 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

there must be at least 90mm from the last foot hold to the top of the fence. Even putting a plant pot or esky against a pool fence which makes the distance less than 90mm to the top of the fence is illegal. The way round the fence in question is to put wooden pailings on the inside of the fence to a distance of 120mm from the fence...cheap but effective...and I would say done tomorrow just to be safe
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:00 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Centurion
Poor photo but you get the idea. Cost was $22,000 for the pool, including jacuzzi on the underwater seated bit. Allow $2500 for fencing and $2000 for the surround slab. Then add tiling etc to the slab. I wouldnt recommend my pool builders though - it was more like engaging in warfare than doing business.
come to mention it this pool is also non compliant cos there is what looks like a bin and an esky as a step up for a toddler
Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:47 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

my pool
Attached Thumbnails Post your new pool pics!-3522817533.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2007, 12:05 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww you guys are making me sooooo jealous! some our your pools are bigger then my backyard.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 3:32 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Our pool is 7m x 3.5m. Not very big but that's all we could fit in. The pool has to be 1m from fences etc. The price also included the pipes for solar heating and the bull-nosing around the pool and a pipe for a water feature.
Is it the phoenix pool?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:37 am
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Im bumping this thread!!!

Come on you lot lets see some more of your pool pics!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:31 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aston man
i was quoted 22k for the biggest pool they had at the showroom in rockingham,that was with everything solar etc..

slabbing etc..was on top of that though...
I thought the slab went under the pool?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:35 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly
We haven't quite finished ours yet but here are the pics anyway. It's 11 metres long, fully tiled and with a heat pump for the spa. Cost about $45K. Surround, tiling and fence were extra, about another $15k. Gazebo about $4k from memory.
So is a budget for $50K reasonable for a 12x4m?

The excavation will already be done as I will have a digger on site for the house build already.

Prefering to go the saltwater route and still have not seen a big difference between fiberglass and concrete? Any one?

What about the accessories like pool covers that kids can walk over without falling through or drowning warning systems??
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
I thought the slab went under the pool?
LOL
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:46 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Any more pools?

We have a new one, although only small, as it is raining outside

Yes! Raining in Perth! Who would have believed it!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
So is a budget for $50K reasonable for a 12x4m?

The excavation will already be done as I will have a digger on site for the house build already.

Prefering to go the saltwater route and still have not seen a big difference between fiberglass and concrete? Any one?

What about the accessories like pool covers that kids can walk over without falling through or drowning warning systems??
When we looked at pools and discussed various methods of construction with the salesmen all the concrete pool guys had pictures of fibreglass pools that had popped out of the ground due to water logging of the surround. Then all the fibreglass boys had pictures of concrete pools with cracks. Because we are on the side of a hill we felt the concrete route was best. Also as we wanted tiles so had to have concrete.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.