Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post your new pool pics!

Post your new pool pics!

Old Feb 25th 2007, 1:21 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post your new pool pics!

Originally Posted by TraceyW
Surprising what you can fit onto a postage stamp eh?!!

Pool was from Sapphire. Cost $20k. Salt/chlorine. Fibre glass.
If you don't mind me asking, what are the dimensions of your pool Tracey?

Also how far from the wall does it have to be?

We will have an odd shaped peise of land, that may not be big enough for a pool, once our house is built, so it would be good to know the latter, Thanks
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
It looks great, was the $20,700 for every thing or were the other prices ontop of that? Pete
The price included installation of the pool, the feature waterfall and the 6 month hire of the compulsory temporary fence. Fencing and landscaping were extra.
Old Feb 25th 2007, 7:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

samnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond reputesamnsam has a reputation beyond repute

Good thread, would anyone have any web addresses in Brissie area's of pool sales, as cant find any with prices.
Thank's in advance

sam x
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:14 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Hi,

Ours is 9m x 4.5m, we used Blue Marlin Pools in Mornignton, they were excellent. Cost was $31k including solar heating. Add to that all the hard landscaping and fencing we spent a toatl of about $45k. Worth every penny (oops I mean cent)!!

Tracy
Attached Thumbnails Post your new pool pics!-pool-feb-07-001.jpg   Post your new pool pics!-pool-feb-07-002.jpg   Post your new pool pics!-pool-feb-07-003.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:19 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

$31k , that seems steep! What type of pool is it ?

Originally Posted by TracyAnne
Hi,

Ours is 9m x 4.5m, we used Blue Marlin Pools in Mornignton, they were excellent. Cost was $31k including solar heating. Add to that all the hard landscaping and fencing we spent a toatl of about $45k. Worth every penny (oops I mean cent)!!

Tracy
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:23 am
Forum Regular

TracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really niceTracyAnne is just really nice

Originally Posted by themerlin
$31k , that seems steep! What type of pool is it ?
Fibreglass.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:25 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

We will have an odd shaped peise of land, that may not be big enough for a pool, once our house is built, so it would be good to know the latter, Thanks
i was told a pool has to be a meter away from a house and also the fence..

ast
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:26 am

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

What made you get Fibreglass over concrete ?

Fibreglass.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:28 am
Banned

aston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond reputeaston man has a reputation beyond repute

i was quoted 22k for the biggest pool they had at the showroom in rockingham,that was with everything solar etc..

slabbing etc..was on top of that though...

Last edited by aston man; Feb 26th 2007 at 5:34 am.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 5:32 am

Thats sounds OK. We paid about that a few years back with waterfall and solar heating.

Originally Posted by aston man
i was quoted 22k for the biggest pool they had at the showroom in rockingham,that was with everything..

slabbing etc..was on top of that though...
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:04 am

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Tracy
pool looks fab....can I just ask one thing tho....I take it that the pool fence has been inspected...the reason I ask is, the last foto of the pool...the fence on the right hand side of the house...the timber fence totally breaches your pool fence requirements...if they are the same as in Qld, might be worth looking into wouldnt want you getting a hefty fine
Old Feb 26th 2007, 6:27 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu

Our pool is 7m x 3.5m. Not very big but that's all we could fit in. The pool has to be 1m from fences etc. The price also included the pipes for solar heating and the bull-nosing around the pool and a pipe for a water feature.
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

We haven't quite finished ours yet but here are the pics anyway. It's 11 metres long, fully tiled and with a heat pump for the spa. Cost about $45K. Surround, tiling and fence were extra, about another $15k. Gazebo about $4k from memory.
Attached Thumbnails Post your new pool pics!-pool1.jpg   Post your new pool pics!-pool2.jpg  
Old Feb 26th 2007, 7:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
pool looks fab....can I just ask one thing tho....I take it that the pool fence has been inspected...the reason I ask is, the last foto of the pool...the fence on the right hand side of the house...the timber fence totally breaches your pool fence requirements...if they are the same as in Qld, might be worth looking into wouldnt want you getting a hefty fine
Agreed. Can't imagine that is legal Anyone other than a baby can climb the timber fence supports and hop over. It would worry me legally
Old Feb 26th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by biggy
Well spotted!! That bit is not yet finished, we have not had the inspection yet, still a few things to finish off.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.