Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post your minimum outside temps

Post your minimum outside temps

Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:15 am
Badge

Default Post your minimum outside temps

I'm starting to think that some of your WAs and QLDers are suffering more than us folks in old Melly - frost on the cars etc.

We are getting outside lows of about 8-10 at the moment - in 4 weeks of owning the gauge it once went to 7. That's from my gauge - anyone care to post their records?

Badge (Budding Metrologist)

Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:44 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Post your minimum outside temps

Originally Posted by Badge
I'm starting to think that some of your WAs and QLDers are suffering more than us folks in old Melly - frost on the cars etc.

We are getting outside lows of about 8-10 at the moment - in 4 weeks of owning the gauge it once went to 7. That's from my gauge - anyone care to post their records?

2.8 degrees @ at 0731 hours
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Parts of the Adelaide hills had snow this afternoon!! :scared:
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:51 am
Banned

Fuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant futureFuzzy Duck has a brilliant future

Brisbane got down close to freezing point a few days ago before the rain. Maybe 2 or 3 Celcius.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:55 am
Badge

Originally Posted by Fuzzy Duck
Brisbane got down close to freezing point a few days ago before the rain. Maybe 2 or 3 Celcius.
never again will I say that Metro Melbourne is cold...lol...although parts are.
I'm now convinced,as suspected, that cloud cover etc, local topographies counts for everything.

cheers

badge

Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:07 am
ABCDiamond

The coldest it has been here, in 2005 so far, according to the Cleveland Weather station was 10.4 °C on the 18th June.
That's in the Brisbane Bayside area

According to BOM weather, Brisbane City was down to 7.2°C on the 18th June

But, of course, in the Ipswich area it was ....... -0.3°C on the 18th

Guess another reason why I like the Bayside

Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:17 am
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

...we had it at -5oC the other morning but it's a bit warmer these days. usually hovering around 0....

Last edited by scutterUK; Jun 21st 2005 at 9:19 am.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Temps for us (north edge of Brisbane) are about the same as the airport - recorded 4.4 on that cold night last week.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

I forgot to add the temp got down to 1.1 !!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:46 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Temps for us (north edge of Brisbane) are about the same as the airport - recorded 4.4 on that cold night last week.
The closest I can get is Geraldton airport which got down to 7 a couple of times this month, our weather is quite different as we are right on the ocean so it would have been a bit warmer but then we have the wind chill so I dont really know.

Just looked on BOM and Perth was 2.2 last night

Kala
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:52 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Badge

Out of curiosity where do ya get a guage from and can you recomend a good one that wont break the bank.
I have a rain guage and want to add to my back yard weather station

Kala
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:06 am
forever hopeful

louise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond reputelouise4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by podgypossum
I forgot to add the temp got down to 1.1 !!
come on podgypossum, whats your time line for, i know you said you were feeling sick the other day
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by louise4
come on podgypossum, whats your time line for, i know you said you were feeling sick the other day

I cant say..

its a secret
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:10 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

I cant say..

its a secret

8 months and 1 day until the turtle gets to the end of the street i'd say

Kala
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:11 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

I cant say..

its a secret

You can't hold ya stomach in for ever you know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.