Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post Office Passport Problems

Post Office Passport Problems

Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:40 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post Office Passport Problems

Just put in my passport application. Word of warning double check the form and then use some telepathy for minor details otherwise you'll be booking another interview.

Proof of place of birth (birth certificate or passport) is now needed but not mentioned on the website, online application form or anywhere else I could find. Luckily I had one of the docs on me. There are probably other gotchas there and know your stuff. I know of someone who was asked for new passport fee for a change of name for marriage.

The most common rejection is in on the photo. Beware anyone who dares to smile.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:44 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by IvanMilat
Just put in my passport application. Word of warning double check the form and then use some telepathy for minor details otherwise you'll be booking another interview.

Proof of place of birth (birth certificate or passport) is now needed but not mentioned on the website, online application form or anywhere else I could find. Luckily I had one of the docs on me. There are probably other gotchas there and know your stuff. I know of someone who was asked for new passport fee for a change of name for marriage.

Australian or British passport?

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 22nd 2006 at 6:51 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:56 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gedge
Australian or British passport?
You cannot lodge British passport applications at POs in Oz but apparently some do try.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 22nd 2006 at 6:51 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:58 am

You cannot lodge British passport applications at POs in Oz but apparently some do try.
A, i c, u r in sidinee.

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 22nd 2006 at 6:52 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:00 am

Default Re: Post Office Passport Nazis

Maybe they didn't like issueing a passport to Australia's most famous serial killer.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shorrock is on a distinguished road

I submitted my AuS passport application on Monday 19/06/06. Yes the person at the postoffice mentioned that I didn't have my UK Passport or Birthcert. I told them it wasn't asked for on the form or website. She said not to worry and produced a stat dec form. She asked me to write that I was born in XXXXX and that the application form and passport website didn't ask for a document with my place of birth on it at lodgement. Did that and she was happy. My better half also did this with another bod at the postoffice later that day. They said it was a new process

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 22nd 2006 at 6:52 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Change your nick !

NOW

Last edited by Pollyana; Jun 22nd 2006 at 6:53 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:45 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: Post Office Passport Problems

Your username is highly offensive and appallingly tasteless.

Change it.
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:50 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Post Office Passport Problems

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Your username is highly offensive and appallingly tasteless.

Change it.
What if it really is Ivan milat :scared:
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 6:55 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Mods aren't able to change the username. I have reported it, and the fact that it is offensive, but we can't do any more until The Powers That Be get up for their sugar puffs in America.
Hopefully it will be fixed later.

Can we meantime just do the passport issue, and leave the username alone, or I'll press my Close Thread button
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 7:37 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

:scared: :scared:
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:29 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

I have changed the username.

Sue
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

phoenixinoz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sue

Sue
Somehow I reckon he still aint gonna get no Christmas cards
Old Jun 22nd 2006, 4:48 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Post Office Passport Problems

Originally Posted by Sue

Sue
Nice one. Thanks Sue.
Old Jun 23rd 2006, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by Clippies
:scared: :scared:
I ony popped in here because of the username. Thought it was a troll.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.