Post Junkies

Old May 21st 2004, 3:10 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough
Default Post Junkies

Funny what you notice when it's Friday afternoon and your bored at work and can't be bothered to start anything else.

I've just noticed that I've sent 29 posts since I registered, which was a few months ago. I feel like I've sent 100's of posts I can't believe I've only sent 29.

At this rate I'm going to be long gone before I reach a 1000 posts.

Everyone else seems to have sent more posts than me and I'm starting to feel a bit lonely. Who's sent the most posts? I've noticed that Mrs Dagboy and ABCDiamond have sent several thousand between them but who's sent the most maybe we should start a competition.
Old May 21st 2004, 3:12 pm
Phoenixuk2oz

Default Re: Post Junkies

Originally posted by elksa
Funny what you notice when it's Friday afternoon and your bored at work and can't be bothered to start anything else.

I've just noticed that I've sent 29 posts since I registered, which was a few months ago. I feel like I've sent 100's of posts I can't believe I've only sent 29.

At this rate I'm going to be long gone before I reach a 1000 posts.

Everyone else seems to have sent more posts than me and I'm starting to feel a bit lonely. Who's sent the most posts? I've noticed that Mrs Dagboy and ABCDiamond have sent several thousand between them but who's sent the most maybe we should start a competition.

Hiya elksa

Take a look on "members" tab above

Old May 21st 2004, 3:14 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I just posted this in the insurance thread

Well, I registerd in April 03!!
In the first few months I only posted a handful of posts, from about oktober/january I started getting addicted.....
The thing is, you start getting to everyone sort of 'personally', so you start chatting!
And I like helping people with their questions. And I like posting pics of my years in Oz!

And I'm only 22, imagine my number of posts when I'm 24 :scared:

Other high posters are Bondipom and WBB.
And pommiebastard, but he quite a while ago.
And megalania has lots. And bundy. and and and.

If you go to members at the top, I think you can sort them on the number of posts!!
Old May 21st 2004, 3:17 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

As puk2oz says, look at the top. I've now had a look, you can click on Top 20 posters.
Most of those are from this forum.

I forgot Pollyana for one

http://67.15.12.206/forum/memberlist...ers&perpage=20
Old May 21st 2004, 3:19 pm
Arriving in GC 12th Jan

elksa will become famous soon enoughelksa will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Simone
Hi, I just posted this in the insurance thread

Well, I registerd in April 03!!
In the first few months I only posted a handful of posts, from about oktober/january I started getting addicted.....
The thing is, you start getting to everyone sort of 'personally', so you start chatting!
And I like helping people with their questions. And I like posting pics of my years in Oz!

And I'm only 22, imagine my number of posts when I'm 24 :scared:

Other high posters are Bondipom and WBB.
And pommiebastard, but he quite a while ago.
And megalania has lots. And bundy. and and and.

If you go to members at the top, I think you can sort them on the number of posts!!

You right Simone it's official BondiPom is the biggest Post Junkie, well done BondiPom. But be warned BondiPom and you other post yunkies Elksa's out to get ya!!!!!!!!!! don't rest on those laurels.

By the way I wish this post reply page had a spell checker!!!!
Old May 21st 2004, 3:24 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by elksa
By the way I wish this post reply page had a spell checker!!!!
Yeah, me too!
You could first type your message in word, and then paste it in, though I can never be bothered!

A long time pommiebastard(PB) was on top, then WBB came along.
But WBB went on a month long validation trip to Brisbane, and is now busy getting organised to move, so Bondipom taken over!

Badgersmount is also high, but has retired.
Old May 21st 2004, 4:04 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all

Originally posted by Simone
Yeah, me too!
You could first type your message in word, and then paste it in, though I can never be bothered!

A long time pommiebastard(PB) was on top, then WBB came along.
But WBB went on a month long validation trip to Brisbane, and is now busy getting organised to move, so Bondipom taken over!

Badgersmount is also high, but has retired.

what would be more interesting would be to see the average posts per day, then you will see the real post junkies! Its the members who joined a month ago and are already on the 1000+ mark you should be worried about!
Old May 21st 2004, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

PHIZA is an unknown quantity at this point

If the list of members is correct there are over 20600 registered members on British Expats.

But what I find strange is that over 6700 members have never even posted a single thread at all!

Thats over 30% of members.

Surely they must have something to say even if its just ...Hello!
Old May 21st 2004, 4:40 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by PHIZA
If the list of members is correct there are over 20600 registered members on British Expats.

But what I find strange is that over 6700 members have never even posted a single thread at all!

Thats over 30% of members.

Surely they must have something to say even if its just ...Hello!

Seems only polite doesn't it
Old May 21st 2004, 6:20 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Originally posted by scutterUK
what would be more interesting would be to see the average posts per day, then you will see the real post junkies! Its the members who joined a month ago and are already on the 1000+ mark you should be worried about!
Ah, but you can!
Have a look in people's profile!
You post 3.46 posts a day!
I post 4.80 posts per day!(but the first 6 months I posted hardly anything)

It's amazing how many members there are! If you sort the list by 'join date' you can see how many join per day. I did that once, and it was something like 30-40 pers day
Old May 21st 2004, 8:00 pm
WBB

i have been slacking on the posting front lately, mainly due to the difficulty of trying to type while holding a paintbrush in one hand and the other one scratching my head looking at how much work we have to do before we can put the house up for sale!!!!!

we are still aiming for a week monday.

BTW i notice i am down to 17.5 posts per day, that was 22 before i went away.

Old May 21st 2004, 10:48 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB

BTW i notice i am down to 17.5 posts per day, that was 22 before i went away.

Not that you're counting or anything WBB

I've been a member since last July. I couldn't post in July or August due to work. Was away all November in Oz. Spent all of Feb and March here in Jersey tending to ailing mother and I'm back here now, where the technology is so backward that it seriously damages my posting capabilities. So I've really only been posting for 4 or 5 months....blimey, all those posts on work time. Makes me proud!
Old May 22nd 2004, 1:27 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by scutterUK
These are the top 20 posters in "posts per day" order:

25.88 - bondipom
19.12 - Jack Daws
17.50 - WBB
14.88 - ABCDiamond
14.05 - Leslie66
12.52 - Hypertweeky
10.32 - Larissa
9.98 - MrsDagboy
9.01 - pommie bastard
8.62 - bundy
8.06 - Pollyana
7.28 - Folinskyinla
6.79 - badgersmount
6.73 - hevs
6.71 - Megalania
6.04 - Rete
5.66 - lairdside
5.14 - pleasancefamily
4.92 - ptlabs
3.30 - dotty

But remember these figures include all the forums....

Old May 22nd 2004, 4:56 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Nothing beats a one-liner.
Old May 22nd 2004, 7:14 am
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

yes it soon ups those posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.