Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

post-interview thank you note

post-interview thank you note

Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:09 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute
Default post-interview thank you note

i just had a job interview and was wondering if it's a common/acceptable practice in australia to send a thank you email/letter? thanks!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:12 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: post-interview thank you note

Originally Posted by commonwealth
i just had a job interview and was wondering if it's a common/acceptable practice in australia to send a thank you email/letter? thanks!
Sometimes you'll get something to say you didn't get it-sometimes not.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bloke
What
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:18 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I think maund means should he/she send a thank you.

Originally Posted by maund family
What
I think The Bloke thought you were asking if the interviewer would send you a thank you.

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Sep 23rd 2009 at 1:20 pm.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:20 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

If you mean should you send a thank you letter?

The answer is generally speaking no. I would only do so if I knew the people concerned otherwise it's not normally "the done thing"
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:25 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

The answer is generally speaking no. I would only do so if I knew the people concerned otherwise it's not normally "the done thing"
yeah i meant should i send a letter/email to the interviewer for taking the time to meet with me? it's quite common practice in other countries, e.g. in US it's expected that you send one, if you don't send TY letter the interviewer might think you're unprofessional. not sure what the common practice in australia is...
thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:28 pm

yeah i meant should i send a letter/email to the interviewer for taking the time to meet with me? it's quite common practice in other countries, e.g. in US it's expected that you send one, if you don't send TY letter the interviewer might think you're unprofessional. not sure what the common practice in australia is...thanks
see post 5 above mate
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:32 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

I think maund means should he/she send a thank you.

I think The Bloke thought you were asking if the interviewer would send you a thank you.
Just to clarify, I was referring to something to say that you were unsuccessfull. Some send email/letter, but most don't.
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 1:49 pm

Just to clarify, I was referring to something to say that you were unsuccessfull. Some send email/letter, but most don't.
mate, his question was whether he should send a thank you letter to the interviewer.

I've got a feeling this thread is going to go on and on and on and on
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 4:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

mate, his question was whether he should send a thank you letter to the interviewer.

I've got a feeling this thread is going to go on and on and on and on
.........till it vanishes into a dust haze!
Old Sep 23rd 2009, 8:06 pm
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by Pollyana
.........till it vanishes into a dust haze!
i almost cancelled the interview because i was afraid to go out there in the dusty air. it did clear up a little bit in the afternoon but had to go to the restroom first just before the interview because my shoes turned from black to copper. had to wash my face immediately after because it felt like someone put a mineral foundation on it. thankfully the dust storm's gone...
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:07 am
Forum Regular

craig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant futurecraig_m67 has a brilliant future

I'm going to disagree with that. The choice to send a thank you note is yours alone and would be based upon the type of role you were applying for and/or the culture of the place (size/turnover/profession). I would send one if the role was reasonably senior and involved relationship building or representation - at the very least it shows the ability to proactively network. If you're a tyre fitter then it's probably not appropriate.

For context, I'm an Aussie.

Last edited by craig_m67; Sep 24th 2009 at 4:24 am. Reason: lazy spelling
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

i almost cancelled the interview because i was afraid to go out there in the dusty air. it did clear up a little bit in the afternoon but had to go to the restroom first just before the interview because my shoes turned from black to copper. had to wash my face immediately after because it felt like someone put a mineral foundation on it. thankfully the dust storm's gone...
Wow, that's some dust storm if it reached all the way to Bermuda!
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:29 am
Daffyd Duck

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Wow, that's some dust storm if it reached all the way to Bermuda!
haha i forgot to change my profile. lived in bermuda before moving to sydney.... BTW, how do i change it??? can't find the right link!

Last edited by commonwealth; Sep 24th 2009 at 4:42 am. Reason: couldnt find the right link oh oh oh
Old Sep 24th 2009, 4:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

I know EXACTLY what you mean!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.