Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post (Frivolous)

View Poll Results: There- I've posted it..
Nice one
33.33%
Wish I hadn't now - too late :-(
50.00%
This one's for you (insert name)
16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Post (Frivolous)

Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:27 pm
Badge

Default Post (Frivolous)

just recently this forum has got a tad frivolous - so I am suggesting that we all keep our postings to the following format - template provided..

1) Subject:

Select your own - or one of the following:

"reply to Trivia" (mark attention for Mr Pleasance)
"I also want to jump on the bandwagon and be in the queue to
congratulate/remonstrate/drink wine with/say you "lucky bugger" to (select one)

Narrative:

Hi I am new this to this forum/lets face it, its all I do these days(select one)

2)I have been waiting for my visa for:
2 months/3 months/6 months/ 2 years /even longer than Garratt/
(delete as appropriate) or, state "GOT IT!!" No more than 2 words.

3) I am going to:
Perth/laid backSunshine Coast (oh no!!! you're doomed!)
Sydney (you are!? seriously? (sounds of laughter)
Adelaide (I'm skint)
Melbourne (Why bother leaving the UK then?)

4)I am/have:

got an aussie chick preggers/old-have a family/having a crisis/I am a young, handsome dashing bloke like Badgers/just got engaged so my plans are all out the window/

5)I would like to agree/disagree with one of the "negatives":
(who provide a much needed balance on this forum with so much humour)

Dotty/Ceri/PB/Wilf

6)for posting about:
cost of living/humid summers in QLD/fat people/shopping centres/stealth taxes/
crime/McMansions (select one)

7)as the postive people like
Tinaj/Scoobydoathome(whatever happened to her?)/BB/garrat

8)always talk about:
sun,sea,s*x/sun,sea,s*x(2)/big houses/laid back aussies/flying kites/
ABSOLUTELY NO HUMIDITY north of Byron Bay at all- it's all 29 degrees all the time, I can tell you its a fact/ big houses/sun/sea/
(if not sure write "SUN")

9)Furthermore, as I am too lazy to search this forum, I would like to know about/post about:
(tick all that apply)

-kitchen knives - shall I replace?
-cats - do we ship?
-how much wine shall I be drinking - Footie Chick please help
-just accumulating stars
-MR Lombard, good kind Mr Lombard!!! Help me Mr Lombard - I am from India and I spk English perfect
and am wanting IMMEDIATE response on important matter concern my good friend who got in last week. (see also immigration forum).
-Mother in Law (more detail not required)
-Snakes, spiders and things that can kill
-Pools worth it or not
-Where can I get an ALTERNATIVE to PG tips (Especially for Tinaj)
-Should I buy a Holden (No you bloody shouldn't)
-I will post no more
-That Badgers is an opinionated/bullsh*ting twat isn't he?
-This is a reply to trivia (see subject)
-I'm stressed/feeling blue/happy - at least for the time being
-I'm an Essex person and can we please meet at Lakeside next please
-cleaning lady has nicked my passport
-Will my TV work? (Just kidding - I know the answer really)

NB all threads relating to TVs usage will automatically be deleted.
TerryG has all the answers in a spreadsheet somewhere. Along with everyones's inside leg measurement.

10)state the following: (compulsory declaration - as we need some positivisim on the site)
"I also think that Footie Chick is the nicest person on the forum".

11)Finally, please state housing situation:
My house is sold/under offer/buyers pulled out/in Aus with five(!)

If you are replying to the PGtips thread, please mark your thread "ALTERNATIVE - I know I can't BUY PG Tips in Aussie, but am nonetheless looking for something ELSE. In other words, I AM NOT TRYING TO BE AN EXPAT CONSTANTLY CONTRASTING AND COMPARING UK WITH AUSTRALIA AS THIS WILL DOOM ME TO INSTANT FAILURE. ALTERNATIVE, OK?" (Thread will not be accepted otherwise).

(if from a non English speaking country) sign off with "your bestest kindest friend"

Insert user name
Import naff avatar
Invent little script eg PR member/newbie
Sit back and accumulate stars

Last edited by badgersmount; Sep 16th 2003 at 7:48 pm.

Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:36 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

superb Badgers, havn't laughed so much for ages! Makes the visa wait seem like a dim and distant memory, don't know what the fek i'm supposed to be voting for though

Garrat!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:36 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Humour

Get on with some real work your not there yet:lecture: :lecture:
Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:37 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

GET TO THE LOUNGE NOW BADGE :lecture:
Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:45 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Think getting engaged has gone to your head badgers!! Very very funny, now please can you tell me what you were drinking at the time so I can order several pints of it!!!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:48 pm
Badge

Originally posted by h garrett
ps, just noticed you put J in the negatives, you need to edit that as i can assure you she isn't, and you will pay!
soory maybe I meant another J...???? sorry!!! lads You guys do stirling work keeping us all on level ground...

Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

laughed my socks off when I read that!!!
Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:55 pm
WBB

is it just me..or...wtf is that all about?

Old Sep 16th 2003, 6:58 pm
High in the Dandenongs

i was one of the original subject posters, but i am obviously one of "the like minded" But at least i can pride myself with a sense of humour:scared:
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad to see i got two mentions.

As to the amount of wine i find loads helps.

Nice person ! Thanks for saying so badger

footie chick
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Re: Humour

Originally posted by badgersmount
you will also have noticed that when remonstrated, I do not BITE back with insults but try to see the other's person view. I have in the past been criticised for being too happy/positive etc..

Sorry mate. This forum is a pressure cooker for a lot of us. One of the reasons why I wrote was the realisation that I've hardly got any domestics to worry about - having said that only a month ago I had a kitchen leak/ and I am too having a few problems with the house sale - and I often feel left out.

yours aye
badgers

Had my sides splitting with laughter. Some people need a sense of humour injection on this site(Eric). Life is not all serious you know!!

Glad to see my name up in lights- I will never be known as a nice person anymore since my little passport incident, but at least I am positive

What do some people want from this site? After all isn't it just for discussing things?!

P.s Don't forget to watch my biography (Teachers) it is on tomorrow night C5 at 9pm. Best programme on the T.V. though many in my profession disagree, maybe it is just a bit too close for comfort sometimes!!
Yeah and Andrew comes back!!

Signed
A Badgers fan club member.
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:11 pm
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by EricB
I would fully expect it to be applauded by the like minded.
Enjoy...
I don't fancy having my mind likened to Badgers but come on Eric lighten up. Its a forum and sometimes humerous threads have to be made.

PS

You need to add the following Badgers

1) Snakes, spiders and things that can kill
2) Pools worth it or not
3) Where can I get PG tips (Especially for Tinaj)
4) Should I buy a Holden (No you bloody shouldn't)
5) I will post no more (Bit like your gonna be after this thread has finished badgers)

Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:22 pm
Oz bound I hope

EricB is an unknown quantity at this point

All yours now. Go for it...
Old Sep 16th 2003, 7:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by HUP
I don't fancy having my mind likened to Badgers but come on Eric lighten up. Its a forum and sometimes humerous threads have to be made.

PS

You need to add the following Badgers

3) Where can I get PG tips (Especially for Tinaj)

Sorry I have to protest I DIDNT ASK WHERE CAN I BUY PG TIPS!! I asked for a similar alternative!!

Apparently Tetley is your best bet.

Anyway I am sure you are just as keen to know where you can get your best alternative to Carling etc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.