Post-August

Old Oct 13th 2004, 11:10 am
Just Joined

arham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post-August

Dear All,

i have lodged my application on 13th of September. it is one month passed now and i haven't got any acknowledgement or else ,however i've heard that post-july applications are being treated very fast. i don't know whether i am a post-july or post-september applicant. do I have to wait for the next 50 weeks like all pre-july applicants are waiting?

One more thing i like to discuss here that after lodging the application i sent my spouse's documents to vetasses because i would only be eligible if i get 5 points for her skills. (Still waiting for the result from vetasses)

No evidence to her skills assessment were being sent to dimia however her documents+experience had been sent with the application.

Please guide me what am i doing wrong?
Old Oct 13th 2004, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

CK2B will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Post-August

Hi,
You're in the post July bunch so your application should be processed faster then those of us pre July.

Do you have enough points without your wife's spouse points? Don't think DIMIA will recognise her skills without Vetassess certificate. Why did you send main application off so soon, are you about to move into another age category? When did you send documents to Vetassess, this part of the process is taking some people 3-4 months.

CK
Old Oct 13th 2004, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

simran is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Post-August

Thanks for the concern CK2B

i try to answer your questions one by one.
i have a total of 115 points excluding my wife's points.
i knew before applying that her skills couldn't be recognised by DIMIA without vetassess approval but i thought that i had to wait for 50+- weeks so its not a big deal to go for vetassess during this period.Actually i feared if dimia might raise overall points and also i didn't know anything about post-july processing.

just 2 days ago her documents were being sent to vetassess.

I heard that fast processing is slower down again after 27th of August. is that ture?