Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Post April 14th deadline time scales

Post April 14th deadline time scales

Old Apr 27th 2004, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

john&jules is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post April 14th deadline time scales

I just wondered, like everyone Im sure who managed to get their applications for emmigration in by the 14th April points change deadline whether this rush of applications would have any effect of the time it takes before we get requests for meds, that is if all goes according to plan. I wondered if anyone has since had contact with the ASPC regarding this. I wondered if the influx of applications would have slowed this process down or will there now be a lull as the amount of people applying i guess will be less.

just being really impatient i suppose but i cant help it!

jules
Old Apr 27th 2004, 4:17 pm
life begins again...

scutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to allscutterUK is a name known to all
Default Re: Post April 14th deadline time scales

Originally posted by john&jules
I just wondered, like everyone Im sure who managed to get their applications for emmigration in by the 14th April points change deadline whether this rush of applications would have any effect of the time it takes before we get requests for meds, that is if all goes according to plan. I wondered if anyone has since had contact with the ASPC regarding this. I wondered if the influx of applications would have slowed this process down or will there now be a lull as the amount of people applying i guess will be less.

just being really impatient i suppose but i cant help it!

jules
hey jules..

i'm in the same boat and wondering the same thing. when did your application go in? this waiting lark really gets to you dunnit?

Old Apr 27th 2004, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

Default patience is a virtue

Ours got to ASPC on the 13th of april so just got there in time. Ive been informed from several sources that its classed as lodged by the time it arrives so we are just waiting for the acknowledgement now. Our credit card bill came today and it said that they took the money on the 16th of april so all ok we hope.

what about yourself, we sent ours by DHL and had a very tense week waiting to see if it would get there by the 14th as it was also bloody easter weekend. we only found out about the changes as i was at my parents and decided to have a quick surf on their pc and saw it was about to change. it was call into the supermarket on the way home and get passport photos done, get parents to type a letter saying we were in a defacto relationship and then had to fill in the forms that luckily we had aready printed off and had done draft copies of. put it like this we got some shiraz that week!!

jules
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly the same happened to us and we had a right rush on to make the deadline they recieved ours on the 13th after sending it with FedEX.We have been told by our agent we should get a reference number within a few weeks and DIMIA have taken the money so fingers crossed and now on for the BIG WAIT.
I think the same as there are probably loads of us and the Visa processing time will be longer I suppose we shall just have to wait and see.
If you think about how long its all going to take you could get yourself well wound up.
Oh well I guess I shall have to pour myself a glass of wine then,to take my mind off it.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you all hoping to go to? We are thinking of Perth mainly as we have relatives in Mandurah but need to visit Brisbane to see what its like.
Old Apr 27th 2004, 5:14 pm
Forum Regular

Default Where

Not sure where we are going, my husbands got relatives in Sydney so that will be our starting point i guess. It all depends on whether my husband can get a job before he goes out there, hes a electronics engineer so we will have to wait and see. this makes it even more frustrating as we cant even look at properties on the net in the area we want to go to as we not sure yet. All this depend on whether we even pass the medicals but hopefully we are in ok health but you never know.

half of me wants to get carried away and start really planning and half of me doesnt want to tempt fate by doing anything until we are accepted. We must all be mad but then maybe thats what it takes to pack up and fly half way round the worlld and leave our families and loved ones.

jules