Wikiposts

post???

Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Gold Coasters is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by kiwikwis
I used to send a package to NZ every fortnight. It seemed the bigger the package the quicker it got through. All packages were received within one week and likewise when sent from NZ to here. Letters, however, tended to take at least a fortnight or not arrive at all. My advice is to send a bigger box (filled with bubble wrap) as they tend to deal with them first as it probably clogs up the mail boxes. If anyone is sending stuff in a box from Uk to NZ or Oz remember to mark it as "Small Packet" written across the left-hand top corner (it is much cheaper than normal standard post and arrives the same time!!)
Great idea, I suppose the bigger the parcel the harder it is for Mr or Mrs. Postman/woman to stick in there pockets.

Now i am not saying that all the postmen/women in the world are thiefs, but it is hard to get that Dispatches programme about Royal Fail out of your mind when you do go to send something special/important half way around the world.

Mark.
Old Jun 11th 2004, 10:57 am
mickj

Default Re: post???

You've heard about what is going on at royal mail at the moment? You might have been a victim of that

Originally posted by mcmercer
Just replied to another thread and I wondered how many people have problems receiving and sending post Oz/UK.
We are now missing about 10 letters/parcels since we arrived, and 3 that we've sent havnt got to the uk. So:

Whats the average postal time for letters and parcels?
Is there a safer way to do it?
Is there any way of reporting/tracing lost parcels in Oz?

Thanks,
Michaela

Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:44 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

No, havnt heard whats going on at royal fail??? please tell.....
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:49 pm
mickj

Alright Sarchy.......things have been going bump in the night :scared:

No, havnt heard whats going on at royal fail??? please tell.....

Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:51 pm
Account Closed

Now you've lost me.....wasnt being sarky....I have no idea what you're refering to

please, please tell
Old Jun 11th 2004, 11:57 pm
mickj

Check the archives for more on this, or the web. There was a tv programme in the uk, that aired how workers were opening and stealing mails, that contained cheques, credit cards, and parcels, and all this was going on for a long time.

Don't want to freak people out more, go read the story !

Now you've lost me.....wasnt being sarky....I have no idea what you're refering to

please, please tell

Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Buggers....bet they've had my cadburys
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mickj
Check the archives for more on this, or the web. There was a tv programme in the uk, that aired how workers were opening and stealing mails, that contained cheques, credit cards, and parcels, and all this was going on for a long time.

Don't want to freak people out more, go read the story !
Even worse than that, the UK passport office had to stop using the Royal M(F)ail postal service as far too many passports went missing, if you saw the programme then you will understand.

Mark.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:14 am
Account Closed

Glad I havnt seen it, I'm already getting quite obsessed about this....with paranoid tendencies creeping in.....
I watch for the postman to arrive now (3.30pm incidentally) even more than when awaiting the visa....I keep thinking all the missing stuff may turn up at once
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:15 am
PommieLeague

Royal Mail = POO

Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:16 am
mickj

Here is a question for you, I wonder if it's the british workers, or the immigrants ( that people love to hate ), that are nicking these stuffs

Am sure the daily snail, The Faurdian, and the currant bun, will let us know soon

Originally posted by Gold Coasters
Even worse than that, the UK passport office had to stop using the Royal M(F)ail postal service as far too many passports went missing, if you saw the programme then you will understand.

Mark.

Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Glad I havnt seen it, I'm already getting quite obsessed about this....with paranoid tendencies creeping in.....
I watch for the postman to arrive now (3.30pm incidentally) even more than when awaiting the visa....I keep thinking all the missing stuff may turn up at once
Well if any of it went through the UK system, i would not hold out much hope for you in getting it.

Some Nigerian, and i say Nigerians as these were the ones who were highlighted as the main culprits, is enjoying/enjoyed your contents.

Mark.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by mickj
Here is a question for you, I wonder if it's the british workers, or the immigrants ( that people love to hate ), that are nicking these stuffs

Am sure the daily snail, The Faurdian, and the currant bun, will let us know soon
Onw word "Nigerians"

Mark.
Old Jun 12th 2004, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Gold Coasters
Well if any of it went through the UK system, i would not hold out much hope for you in getting it.

Some Nigerian, and i say Nigerians as these were the ones who were highlighted as the main culprits, is enjoying/enjoyed your contents.

Mark.

Well whoever they are I hope they choke on my choc and feel a twinge of guilt when they realise that half the stuff is 5 year old scribbles from my daughters friends