Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Tartan Sunburn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Post 1st July

Hi

Just an update..

Skilled 138 - sponsored

Sent our visa 28th July
Recieved file no 4 weeks later and requested we go for medicals and police checks.
Medical due 24th Sept.

If all goes well with the medicals, is this pretty much it, do they ask for any thing else? Any one had there visa since 'post 1st July'?

Does any one know the time scale for having to enter OZ once your visa is approved?

So many questions, hope some one has the info. Have read the forums but trying to piece the time scales together is a bit bitty - the austimeline never seems to work when ever I use it either!

Thank you!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 3:56 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Re: Post 1st July

Originally Posted by Tartan Sunburn
Hi

Just an update..

Skilled 138 - sponsored

Sent our visa 28th July
Recieved file no 4 weeks later and requested we go for medicals and police checks.
Medical due 24th Sept.

If all goes well with the medicals, is this pretty much it, do they ask for any thing else? Any one had there visa since 'post 1st July'?

Does any one know the time scale for having to enter OZ once your visa is approved?

So many questions, hope some one has the info. Have read the forums but trying to piece the time scales together is a bit bitty - the austimeline never seems to work when ever I use it either!

Thank you!!
Blimy, thats quick. Maybe they are processing quicker this year !

We did the same visa on the same date last year, with a straightforward application and we did the meds/police unrequested in Jan/Feb this year.

It looks like luck is shining on you !!

Good luck as you won't be long to wait for the the yellow envelope !

Best wishes

Warren

Old Sep 17th 2004, 4:00 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!

We did the same visa on the same date last year, with a straightforward application and we did the meds/police unrequested in Jan/Feb this year.

Best wishes

Warren
I know this is off topic Warren, but where is Ballajura? And how far from the city centre?

We're going over in January to look at potential sites and just need to get an idea of the most popular areas.

My friends over there suggested Applecross but I think that may be out of my price range!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Tartan Sunburn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Go Banana's !!

Best wishes

Warren

Hi Warrwen

Yes, I think since 1st July this year they have changed the process, great for us but I think its so unfair for any one who applied before 1st July 2004.

Do you have your visa? We plan to head to Perth WA next year, its been a dream for us for the last 8 years.....fingers crossed!

Take care

Tartan Sunburn
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:07 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
I know this is off topic Warren, but where is Ballajura? And how far from the city centre?

We're going over in January to look at potential sites and just need to get an idea of the most popular areas.

My friends over there suggested Applecross but I think that may be out of my price range!
Ballajura is in the Northern Suburbs just off Alexander Drive. Its about 20-30mins to the city and about 20 mins to Hillarys.

Its a nice well established area. We are building in Landsdale, the next suburb along which we feel is much nicer. House prices in Ballajura are very reasonable. The one we are staying in at the mo (my aunts), has 3 bedrooms, pool, air con and is on a reasonable sized plot and would sell for less than $300k.

You have to have a good tour as everyones views are different plus where will you be working.

Good luck.

Warren

Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:08 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally Posted by Tartan Sunburn
Hi Warrwen

Yes, I think since 1st July this year they have changed the process, great for us but I think its so unfair for any one who applied before 1st July 2004.

Do you have your visa? We plan to head to Perth WA next year, its been a dream for us for the last 8 years.....fingers crossed!

Take care

Tartan Sunburn

Yep have our visa - see the Banana diaries. I will be back in Perth in 5 weeks to be with my girls once more. Now all say ahhhhhhhhh........!!

Warren