A draw
0%
Neither as they keep well away from one another
26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Possum V's Cat poll

Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Possum V's Cat poll

Got a possum in our rear garden, nice chap, bit stubborn about moving.

We also have two elderly cats, whose sole past mission in life is to destroy indiginious wildlife.

Now the question for this poll is simple, who would win in a scrap, the possum or the cat in a one-on-one fight?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Possum V's Cat poll

Ours are pretty evenly matched, our cat has sat on one end of the balcony with the possum 6 feet away on the other.. they cat wnats to try it but generally wont until the possum turns to leave, even then it is half hearted, the possum doesn't seem to bothered by the cat. In fact the cat has become the officail possum locator when we have guests! then again our cat is a bit o a woose and scares herself half the time!
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:00 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was law that you had to keep your cats in at night to protect the native wildlife
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:32 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Possum V's Cat poll

They normally keep away from each other, but a fully grown male possum should be able to win against a cat.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:32 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Possum V's Cat poll

Originally Posted by sunbather
I thought it was law that you had to keep your cats in at night to protect the native wildlife
Who told you that?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Who told you that?
I seem to have vague memories of my sister telling me when she moved over here 20 years ago with their cats. She's a vet nurse now and I know I;ve heard her say something about it again. I'll have to ask her. Didn't take too much notice as we brought dogs with us.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:37 am
BE Forum Addict

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/live/pets/dgctfactsht/cats

http://www.pets.info.vic.gov.au/02/spc_aco.htm#cat

Something on these about cat curfew.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:48 am
Fighting my corner

Arrow Re: Possum V's Cat poll

A cat curfew can be declared in a suburb, or area of a suburb, if there is a serious nature conservation threat as a result of cat activities. During a cat curfew, cat owners must confine their animals to their premises. The curfew can also specify the times during which cats must be confined.

[...]

The only time you will be required to confine your cat is during a cat curfew. This will only happen if there is a particular and serious nature conservation threat that has been caused by cats in that area.
It's a local government initiative, limited to specific suburbs at specific times, due to specific circumstances.

There's no nationwide cat curfew, so let your cat roam free unless the local council advises otherwise.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Quote: Does your Council have a 'Cat Curfew"?

Yes, Frankston City Council has a curfew for cats between sunset and sunrise. This means that all owned cats should be kept on their property between to hours of sunset and sunrise. The times for sunset and sunrise can be found in newspapers like The Age or Herald Sun.

Council suggests to residents that they keep their cats inside their houses or inside an enclosure between sunset and sunrise. :Quote

I was just quite happy to see that I hadn't been imagining it I was beginning to wonder if I'd gone totally doolally :
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

A Kiwi's view on Possums...... The Possom Plucker is what I want for xmas

Possum duvet anyone?
Old Apr 6th 2008, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gjn200
A Kiwi's view on Possums...... The Possom Plucker is what I want for xmas

Possum duvet anyone?
I'm shocked We have possums in our garden every night and they even let us hand feed them now. At the moment we also have a juvenile and mum has a new baby on her back. We love having this piece of wildlife right on our doorstep.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:08 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

We love having this piece of wildlife right on our doorstep.
I would rather see possums, however the only time we have seen one (daytime), it stayed for just one day. Think it decided our two little un were too noisy for it to get a decent days kip
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

stariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to allstariston is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
Got a possum in our rear garden, nice chap, bit stubborn about moving.

We also have two elderly cats, whose sole past mission in life is to destroy indiginious wildlife.

Now the question for this poll is simple, who would win in a scrap, the possum or the cat in a one-on-one fight?
Understandable most expats would side to the cats corner
as the zoo would be most peoples exposure to the possum
i would put my bet onthe little bugger he can pack a punch or two and probebly give the feline a round or two as Aussie joe joe buggner and
are henry cooper as an example although joe was at the time stumbling out of
a british corner
Old Apr 6th 2008, 9:54 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

Possum of course