Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possibly of interest if flying via the USA

Possibly of interest if flying via the USA

Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Possibly of interest if flying via the USA

"Banning lighters -

According to the Wall Street Journal, federal security regulators have said that beginning April 14 airline passengers will not longer be able to bring cigarette lighters aboard airlines or beyond security checkpoints. Currently, lighters aren’t allowed in checked baggage and once the new rule goes into effect, passengers will be prohibited from carrying lighters on them or in carry-on luggage – effectively keeping the aircraft lighter free. However, the new rule doesn’t prevent them from bringing matches on board."

Seems to apply to all arilines flying to, from, and via the USA, from April 14th.

For more discussion see
http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthr...hreadid=166284
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:51 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibly of interest if flying via the USA

Originally Posted by Pollyana
"Banning lighters -

According to the Wall Street Journal, federal security regulators have said that beginning April 14 airline passengers will not longer be able to bring cigarette lighters aboard airlines or beyond security checkpoints. Currently, lighters aren’t allowed in checked baggage and once the new rule goes into effect, passengers will be prohibited from carrying lighters on them or in carry-on luggage – effectively keeping the aircraft lighter free. However, the new rule doesn’t prevent them from bringing matches on board."

Seems to apply to all arilines flying to, from, and via the USA, from April 14th.

For more discussion see
http://www.pprune.com/forums/showthr...hreadid=166284
I thought they already were. Shows how thick I am
Old Mar 19th 2005, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

smood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant futuresmood has a brilliant future

[QUOTE=Pollyana]"Banning lighters -

I had a problem with this in November last year. I went to Berlin for a weekend break and flew from Belfast via Liverpool. I had my zippo lighter with me and had no probs. In fact I have never had a problem flying with it. On the way home it was a different story.

The German security staff took it from the xray machine and told me I couldnt fly home with it. I tried explaining that I had entered the country with it in my pocket but she was having none of it. She called a policeman who told me I had no chance and they made me put it in an envelope and address it to myself. When I got home I had to call a number in Berlin and wire them 12 euros to get them to post it to me.

I wouldnt have bothered with it all but I have had the zippo for 12 years and it was a gift, so has some sentimental value. I will be shipping it to oz and taking matches this time.
Old Mar 19th 2005, 7:06 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by moneypen20
I thought they already were. Shows how thick I am

I think they have - I flew there last month. Perhaps it just depends on the airline/not compulsory/day of the week at the moment!
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:20 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Better do the drug-running thing and stick them up your arse then