Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

POSSIBLY CONSIDERING OZ... ?

POSSIBLY CONSIDERING OZ... ?

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 1:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: POSSIBLY CONSIDERING OZ... ?

Originally Posted by trevorandjo york
Yes you do! It called the Global Health System....all it costs is a flight to UK and you can have all the medical treatment you want free of charge. That is why we can't afford to run it anymore. The whole world comes to britain to get free treatment.
If you think that's true you need to read some of the threads in the UK forum. Its as big a myth as the one that just anyone can roll up to the UK and get allowed in on the spot. Even Brits returning to live in the UK often struggle to get medical assistance on the NHS.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point

You are clearly not a nurse in the UK having to deal with medical holiday makers. Often they don't speak english and all live with their nephew or uncle.... I speak from experience, how about you!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:05 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You are clearly not a nurse in the UK having to deal with medical holiday makers. Often they don't speak english and all live with their nephew or uncle.... I speak from experience, how about you!
I speak from having many friends who are nurses and from breaking up frequent arguments on this website started by people saying erroneous statements like "The UK gives medical treatment to anyone who wants it......""the UK gives visas to anyone who asks......" "the UK allows people to just walk in here whenever they want to...."
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm sure it does, just the same as many people get access to treatment on medicare in Australia when they should only be getting emergency care, but the government does have rules in place to prevent it happening, its down to the Trusts and hospitals to enforce them. If they aren't being enforced maybe you should notify your MP?

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/E...tors/index.htm
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:13 pm
Account Closed

trevorandjo york is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I speak from having many friends who are nurses and from breaking up frequent arguments on this website started by people saying erroneous statements like "The UK gives medical treatment to anyone who wants it......""the UK gives visas to anyone who asks......" "the UK allows people to just walk in here whenever they want to...."
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, I'm sure it does, just the same as many people get access to treatment on medicare in Australia when they should only be getting emergency care, but the government does have rules in place to prevent it happening, its down to the Trusts and hospitals to enforce them. If they aren't being enforced maybe you should notify your MP?

http://www.dh.gov.uk/en/Healthcare/E...tors/index.htm
This is no myth, fact. I deal with it, you listen to your friends....enough said.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you do! It called the Global Health System....all it costs is a flight to UK and you can have all the medical treatment you want free of charge. That is why we can't afford to run it anymore. The whole world comes to britain to get free treatment.
What are you saying? That everyone living in the US could fly to Britain every time they needed treatment? Well, why has Congress even debated the issue, this brilliant solution was there all the time.

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:45 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
What are you saying? That everyone living in the US could fly to Britain every time they needed treatment? Well, why has Congress even debated the issue, this brilliant solution was there all the time.

Exactly.....I mean, I can't think why so many expats get upset about paying for health insurance in the US, Canada, Aus wherever....... I mean why don't we all just fly home every time we need anything
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

You can more or less get it here.... as long as you give the person that wants treatment your medicare card and is a similar age etc

You can take the boy out of Sarf London... but you cant get the Sarf Londoner out of the boy.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 7:58 pm
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You can more or less get it here.... as long as you give the person that wants treatment your medicare card and is a similar age etc

You can take the boy out of Sarf London... but you cant get the Sarf Londoner out of the boy.
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Seasider
Australia, Canada, or anywhere else you're considering, you're going to be one of those immigrants you hate so much.

I think you should do it, then you might get a different perspective on things.
You misunderstand me (don't worry, you're not the first ): I don't hate immigrants and have nothing against them coming here to work if they buy / rent their own house, spend their wages in this country (boosting our economy) and don't expect handouts. The ones who don't do this are the ones with whom I have a problem, in which case I would be nothing like them as we would be putting money back into the economy through our wages and property expenditure (I.e. Rent or mortgage).
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

seanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to beholdseanyg is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
If you think that's true you need to read some of the threads in the UK forum. Its as big a myth as the one that just anyone can roll up to the UK and get allowed in on the spot. Even Brits returning to live in the UK often struggle to get medical assistance on the NHS.
Not sure about non-EU countries but anyone in the EU can indeed just walk in, no questions asked. I have no idea why they'd want to (apart from the obvious £ incentives) - in the Independent today it said Britain is ranked below Poland in terms of best lifestyle, place to live, etc. Mmm maybe we should check it out!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You do realise that the vast majority of that land is pretty much uninhabitable, right? There's a reason it's still vacant.
Yes that's true...
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seanyg
Not sure about non-EU countries but anyone in the EU can indeed just walk in, no questions asked. I have no idea why they'd want to (apart from the obvious £ incentives) - in the Independent today it said Britain is ranked below Poland in terms of best lifestyle, place to live, etc. Mmm maybe we should check it out!
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 10:56 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

This is no myth, fact. I deal with it, you listen to your friends....enough said.
Bollocks.....I worked in the NHS for 40 years...you are grossly exaggerating
Old Oct 3rd 2011, 11:24 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that's true...
Could I point out that this is equally true of Canada, on who's forum you started an identical thread with an identical post which was identically nonsense?

I thought mods disapproved of such things.
Old Oct 4th 2011, 5:17 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

You misunderstand me (don't worry, you're not the first ): I don't hate immigrants and have nothing against them coming here to work if they buy / rent their own house, spend their wages in this country (boosting our economy) and don't expect handouts. The ones who don't do this are the ones with whom I have a problem, in which case I would be nothing like them as we would be putting money back into the economy through our wages and property expenditure (I.e. Rent or mortgage).
Why not get in touch with Pauline Hanson - sure she'd be delighted to help you settle in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.