Possibly buying into an Australian franchise

Possibly buying into an Australian franchise

Old Sep 12th 2018, 6:43 am
Just Joined

beakermuppet is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Possibly buying into an Australian franchise

Ok

So I'm currently in WA.
I've been working with an Australian guy, he's moving to another area.
We had a talk and he said i could buy into his business as he'd like to start a franchise.

How would the visa side of things work if i was to go ahead with this?
I'd like to stay for quite a while if possible (maybe 5 years or longer, see how it goes) and its been a dream of mine to run, or help to run a business like this.
I'm 28 and currently on a working holiday visa.
The proposal isn't that sweet at the moment but i could negotiate. I need to know that its actually a possibility.
We could possibly go down the route of sponsorship

I'd appreciate any advice
Thanks
Old Sep 12th 2018, 9:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Possibly buying into an Australian franchise

I would seriously do a lot of research and get advise on this matter. Look at all avenues and pro and con's into franchise operations. Don't let your visa situation dictate rational thought, that you may regret. And at a cost.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 10:02 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beakermuppet
Ok

So I'm currently in WA.
I've been working with an Australian guy, he's moving to another area.
We had a talk and he said i could buy into his business as he'd like to start a franchise.

How would the visa side of things work if i was to go ahead with this?
I'd like to stay for quite a while if possible (maybe 5 years or longer, see how it goes) and its been a dream of mine to run, or help to run a business like this.
I'm 28 and currently on a working holiday visa.
The proposal isn't that sweet at the moment but i could negotiate. I need to know that its actually a possibility.
We could possibly go down the route of sponsorship

I'd appreciate any advice
Thanks
I'd get some advice from a registered agent, especially if looking at being sponsored. You would need to have a job on one of the skills lists, and there would be various hoops for the sponsor to jump through as well.
Old Sep 14th 2018, 3:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

My husband asked our tax accountant about buying into a franchise- the accountant said 'franchises are more trouble than they are worth'
Old Sep 14th 2018, 4:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree with above and would be loathe to do any business in WA, that required a substantial parting of money. But all to their own research and findings but a 'tread with care' message is not out of place.