Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible move from Gold Coast to Melbourne, little help needed

Possible move from Gold Coast to Melbourne, little help needed

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

lisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nicelisas is just really nice
Default Possible move from Gold Coast to Melbourne, little help needed

We maybe moving from the Gold Coast to Melbourne (my partner cant seem to settle here on the coast) anyone done this by packing up hiring a van and moving all themselves, and any ideas who could help us with hiring a van one way and any costs etc.

I know its a hell of a way but hey if it keeps cost down.

Thx in advance.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:49 pm
jan
classy clipper

jan will become famous soon enoughjan will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Possible move from Gold Coast to Melbourne, little help needed

Originally Posted by lisas
We maybe moving from the Gold Coast to Melbourne (my partner cant seem to settle here on the coast) anyone done this by packing up hiring a van and moving all themselves, and any ideas who could help us with hiring a van one way and any costs etc.

Thx in advance.
EASY! We moved from Sydney to Perth we had all our personal belongings,a T.V., a Barbie, a fridge etc. and we took the whole lot on our Vespa.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 9:51 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thx in advance.
ABEL do one way van rental. Off the top of my head think we paid around $200 for a luton van with tail lift. Also try Thrifty and any other large rental co.s, most of them do one way rental of some sort.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

si.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud ofsi.young has much to be proud of

Thx in advance.
We moved from Sydney to Brisbane about 2 years ago, and moved a full house. The costs of hiring a van one way was way more than having the removalists come in and move it for us, in fact it was cheaper to hire the van for a return to Sydney and then pay for a fight back up. But hey, things change so check out some of the hire companies. Another issue we had was the removalists damaged the majority of our furniture (more costs replacing). I will try and remenber who they were and PM you so you dont use them, should you go down that route

Good luck, I hope Melbourne works out for you.