Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

possible good advice from our shipping agent!

possible good advice from our shipping agent!

Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default possible good advice from our shipping agent!

well, our stuff arrived finally 3 weeks after it arrived in brisbane and 5 weeks after us!!!

anyway, apparently they are so busy all the time at brisbane port and getting worse, that the advice i was asked to give anyone else arriving in brisbane is to ship to melbourne and freight it up here by train! and believe me, if i'd have known this we would have done it for sure and saved money too!

you only get 3 days free of charge on the dock before you get charged a $100 for each day after. the dock is apparently chocabloc and only one bloke clearing them to go into the warehouse!!!!!!

so it might be worth thinking about the melbourne route as our agent said stuff is cleared in 2 days at brisbane!

. couldnt fault the company we used at this end, very effiecient calling every 2 days with updates. based in melbourne but work nationwide, they are called select freight services and the number is 03 9335 1857 or www.selectfs.com.au.

and after all the stress of DIY, all i can say is DONT DO IT!!!! we only saved 500 pounds!

good luck x
Old Nov 1st 2006, 2:37 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: possible good advice from our shipping agent!

Debs forgot to tell you her other piece of good advice....dont leave milk in yer fridge...right Deb
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:30 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch!

500 quid? Think of it as Aus $... Well over a thousand...
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:39 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hilary6
Debs forgot to tell you her other piece of good advice....dont leave milk in yer fridge...right Deb

she didnt, did she???
Old Nov 1st 2006, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

hilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond reputehilary6 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
she didnt, did she???
She did
Old Nov 1st 2006, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

She did
Bet the guy at customs was really please he found that !!!!! :scared:
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
she didnt, did she???

2 pints to be exact ladies stunk to high heaven for a week, mind you it tasted go
Old Nov 1st 2006, 12:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

bitch
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:27 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl ... ya daft bint!!!!

lucky it didnt fall over and spill everywhere then ....
Old Nov 1st 2006, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

deb&si is on a distinguished road

Hi Deb, Deb ere
great to here you are settling, and glad to hear the OH is working too.
Thanks for the info on shipping will ask are shippers about the $100 aday for storage at the port.
Myself and 2 kids Dan 16 now, 17 on 15 NOV and Liv 14 now, 15 on the 13 NOV will be arriving 2 Dec, Simon(OH) will not be coming until 19 DEC, mainly because i would like to see the schools in the area before they close for Xmas, and Simon has to stay to complete the house sale.
So sorry to hear about Beth not liking the school, if she would like to meet up with my 2 when we get there, it would be great, i know they will be so bored with just their poor old mum to talk to and if you get time for a coffee or maybe a that would be great too!
We are hoping to settle in the Buderim,Mooloolaba area, and am thinking of sending the kids to Mountain Creek School.
Simon is a painter same as Baz , did he do spray painting in the U.K?
How is he finding the work and is there plenty of it?
Sorry for all the questions
will try to send some Karma for the shipping info, but last time i tried to send some i had to spread first
Bye for now
DEB XXX
Old Nov 1st 2006, 8:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by debbiemc
bitch
You love me really
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by deb&si
Hi Deb, Deb ere
great to here you are settling, and glad to hear the OH is working too.
Thanks for the info on shipping will ask are shippers about the $100 aday for storage at the port.
Myself and 2 kids Dan 16 now, 17 on 15 NOV and Liv 14 now, 15 on the 13 NOV will be arriving 2 Dec, Simon(OH) will not be coming until 19 DEC, mainly because i would like to see the schools in the area before they close for Xmas, and Simon has to stay to complete the house sale.
So sorry to hear about Beth not liking the school, if she would like to meet up with my 2 when we get there, it would be great, i know they will be so bored with just their poor old mum to talk to and if you get time for a coffee or maybe a that would be great too!
We are hoping to settle in the Buderim,Mooloolaba area, and am thinking of sending the kids to Mountain Creek School.
Simon is a painter same as Baz , did he do spray painting in the U.K?
How is he finding the work and is there plenty of it?
Sorry for all the questions
will try to send some Karma for the shipping info, but last time i tried to send some i had to spread first
Bye for now
DEB XXX

firstly have you all noticed ive got a problem with my oooooooooooooooooo's if i do a double one it dosent work unless i press really hard!!

anyway...hi deb, uuhhh its going to very hot when you arrive! and a week before crimbo to, are you mad woman

let me know as soon as you arrive and once you get settled we'll come and introduce ourselves.

baz had only done spraying for a short time about 20 years ago. he's enjoying being back at work but says its hard work and they run a tight ship. money not that go $20 hour but wages are por here anyway. see what i mean 'por' and i wrote poor!!! his days are long and he' has to be up at 4.30 havent seen much of him this week our shiftes have overlapped, wont see him till saturday now!

anyway just give me a shout if you want any help xx
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:26 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Debs
That's funny! Leaving the milk in the fridge!

Anyway, for Baz (and other painters,) www.higginscoatings.com.au are the largest painting co. in Australia (you met Andy from Newcastle, works for them for 6 years), anyway, they have announced internally that they are setting up an office in the Sunshine Coast as there is a lot of work up there for them. Would be a good time to contact them!

Andrew
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by andrew63
Debs
That's funny! Leaving the milk in the fridge!

Anyway, for Baz (and other painters,) www.higginscoatings.com.au are the largest painting co. in Australia (you met Andy from Newcastle, works for them for 6 years), anyway, they have announced internally that they are setting up an office in the Sunshine Coast as there is a lot of work up there for them. Would be a good time to contact them!

Andrew
hi andrew,
thanks for that, i'll tell him when he gets back

hope you ok, weve got to get together soon, am missing noeleen and your lovely bbq's
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by debbiemc
his days are long and he' has to be up at 4.30 havent seen much of him this week our shiftes have overlapped, wont see him till saturday now!

... sounds like heaven to me