Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to get the Job before movie to Australia?

Is it possible to get the Job before movie to Australia?

Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is it possible to get the Job before movie to Australia?

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The taxi drivers I encountered must have been fresh off the plane then.
Thats the funny thing, IELTS is such a joke.

But they can be really helpful if you need your PC or Network fixed, they are mostly IT.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
The taxi drivers I encountered must have been fresh off the plane then.
Same here. I had one the other week who was driving a Brisbane taxi but not only didn't know the suburb I wanted (a major one) but didn't even understand the words "turn right" or "turn left". Bit of a drawback when driving a taxi.

Its a big problem in Brisbane, and although the companies are trying to address it, they have a long way to go. And I am so tired of saying to drivers "No, I don't know the way, thats why I'm paying you". Give me London's Black Cabs and the Knowledge anyday.
Old Jun 17th 2010, 12:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

man_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to beholdman_called_Horse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Same here. I had one the other week who was driving a Brisbane taxi but not only didn't know the suburb I wanted (a major one) but didn't even understand the words "turn right" or "turn left". Bit of a drawback when driving a taxi.

Its a big problem in Brisbane, and although the companies are trying to address it, they have a long way to go. And I am so tired of saying to drivers "No, I don't know the way, thats why I'm paying you". Give me London's Black Cabs and the Knowledge anyday.
I bet you he is an ex BE user and claimed to have overall 7.0 in IELTS in his signature
Old Jun 17th 2010, 1:04 pm
Forum Regular

Rod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to allRod-Helen-Poppy is a name known to all

i managed to get a job offer before we move; land on 8th july so not long now

im on a 457 visa initialy and the imiigration dept of my new employer said it only took 2 days for them to grant it

im also aware of the pitfalls of this visa but hey ho - been told my first project is to last 7 years and i envisage being there for longer than that. and probably going down the PR route later - all being well.