Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Old Nov 10th 2003, 9:40 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
Jason, it will be at Wynnum on the foreshore, right across the road from the Pelicans Nest (takeaway store) near the small beach. If you go to the esplanade, either end, & drive, you cant miss it. Time we will sort when we have a firm date from everyone (looking good for 14th), but probably a lunchtime BBQ, everyone bring their own food?

Suit everyone?
Mrs D,

You're very sure the location can't be re-arranged to the blue lake BBQ's in Mount Gambier? That way I could come

I'ts not like it would be too far for everyone to drive. Only about 20 hours on the finest aussie roads......
Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:34 am
Ev'n'John

The 14th December would be fine for us also. It will be a good opportunity to find out the "etiquette" of using the public bar-b-q's!! We've been here for a month and haven't been brave enough to use one in public so far, in case we embarrass ourselves with lack of bar-b-q-ing skills!!

Old Nov 10th 2003, 10:39 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ev'n'John
The 14th December would be fine for us also. It will be a good opportunity to find out the "etiquette" of using the public bar-b-q's!! We've been here for a month and haven't been brave enough to use one in public so far, in case we embarrass ourselves with lack of bar-b-q-ing skills!!
LOL!! Will get Dagboy to give tips & lessons on the use of BBQs & BBQing equipment & accessories .

Thats apart from the stubby & the stubby holder, which hes also adept at LOL.

Pete, nope sorry, sit in the corner, be quiet & drink your beer til Jans meet
Old Nov 10th 2003, 11:59 am
Badge

Originally posted by DagBoy

Part of my problem with the Pommie blokes I meet here is that they always want to talk about soccer and then look confused when I have no idea who they are talking about.

Cheers,

DagBoy
SNAP!! I'm the same - I spent all my time with Australians and went I bumped in to Pommie blokes I found the same!!! Quite a shock especially when they realised I wanted to talk about NRL or something.

It's great making new mates from anywhere, but sometimes I am wary of being JUST an "expat" with expat mates especially if they are like the people you talk about.

Badge

PS hey wouldn't it be great if we could organise a webcam office meet..

get a room, broadband, decent large screen and projector - good software and have an expats tele conference. A group of people in the UK talking to a group of people in Australia. People in Australia could take it in turns to take the mike; someone is MC etc...

Last edited by badgersmount; Nov 10th 2003 at 2:35 pm.

Old Nov 15th 2003, 8:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I'd bring this one back to the top in case anyone missed it first time round..........December 14th at Wynnum still looks favourite?
Old Nov 15th 2003, 9:00 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wont make it for dec 14th but count us in for any meeting in the new year, have no family/freinds/job/ anything in Brisbane so will be glad of some freindly faces!

mcmercer
Old Nov 15th 2003, 9:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

PADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to allPADDAD is a name known to all

Please count us in for the 14th December.

Really looking forward to meeting everyone! Well done for organising Pollyana!

Diane, Patrick, Sean and Alex
Old Nov 16th 2003, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

karenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to allkarenvirginia is a name known to all

we'll be there - karen and alan.
anyone else travelling up from the gold coast?
Old Nov 17th 2003, 10:42 am
Forum Regular

liz and mark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
Just thought I'd bring this one back to the top in case anyone missed it first time round..........December 14th at Wynnum still looks favourite?

Hi eveyone the 14th is good with us look forward to seeing everyone then.

Liz and mark
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:13 am
Excellent Member

anne wilson will become famous soon enough

Hi,

We're another YES!

Been in brissy 2 and a half weeks from the NW of England.

Got a house in a nothern suburb called Aspley.

We are Anne, Stuart + Joe(6) and Max(10 months).

Look forward to it....

Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:17 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Add a post if you'd like to come along, the more the merrier .
Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:20 am
Rocket Scientist

Looks like we are going to be taking over the Wynnum foreshore Polly! :scared: LOL
Old Nov 19th 2003, 7:01 am
Just Joined

ianmwilliams is an unknown quantity at this point
Default add us to your list!

Looks great, count us in.. we will get the UBD out as we dont know where it is!
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hope none of the locals were planning on going there that day!

Ian, Heading south over the Gateway Bridge, think its the first exit? Certainly signposted. Keep going till you get to the sea! very easy to find!

Last edited by Pollyana; Nov 19th 2003 at 8:25 am.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

doub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud ofdoub has much to be proud of

Hi there!

We land in Brisbane Dec 12th so I'm not sure, 14th may be a little soon after arriving!

Really like the idea though, just think it could be a bit tricky logistically - put us on the 'maybe' pile.

Mark, Rachael & boys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.