Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Possible Brisbane Meet????

Old Dec 14th 2003, 11:07 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Must be true, as soon as we got a little further north there was no rain
Must try again next year
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:17 am
Just Joined

ianmwilliams is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys, me and the wife got there about 11.30 but didnt know where you all were! we seen a few groups of people but didnt know which one you were!! we did see a group of people near the pool with baloons up (opp pelicans nest) but were a little uneasy about approaching them incase it was someones birthday party we were gatecrashing!!

I hope you all had a great time! we had a load of food that we brought back home and bbq'd in between the rain.

Where did you all sit?

Next time I will try and keep up-to-date with the details a bit better!!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:27 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Since the secret is out

Originally posted by DagBoy
Freak Rain hits Wynnum Esplanade

Unseasonal rainfall was recorded late this afternoon in the bayside suburb of Wynnum, when 123mm of rain fell in less than 10 minutes. Initially a spokesman at the Bureau of Meteorology was at a loss to explain the downpour, but later revealed that a group of ex-pat British people were probably to blame.
"It has come to our attention that there was a large gathering of Poms down at the esplanade and they probably caused the Critical Pom Factor (CPF) to go through the roof. Thankfully we don't see this too often over here - but we did have a recent example when England played France in the Rugby world cup - there were just too many Poms gathered in one place - it had to rain.

I cannot comment further - ask the British Met office - they are the experts.

Mr Cromarty Fisher of the United Kingdom Met office confirmed that this phenomenon has been well documented in England, notable examples being the annual all england LTA championships in Wimbledon. "Using standard meteorological measurements, the Wimbledon region is actually a desert, with less than 2mm of rain a year. But then during the tennis there is a strong CPF and the heavens open. This means that on average throughout the year Wimbledon is the third wettest place in Europe. My colleague Shannon Fastnet and I have been carrying out research on this for years - it is a very real problem", he said.

PSML while RONTF!!!
Old Dec 15th 2003, 9:52 am
Badge

Originally posted by ianmwilliams
but were a little uneasy about approaching them incase it was someones birthday party we were gatecrashing!!
nothing ventured, nothing gained...(and all that)

Badge

Old Dec 15th 2003, 11:13 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ianmwilliams
Hey guys, me and the wife got there about 11.30 but didnt know where you all were! we seen a few groups of people but didnt know which one you were!! we did see a group of people near the pool with baloons up (opp pelicans nest) but were a little uneasy about approaching them incase it was someones birthday party we were gatecrashing!!

I hope you all had a great time! we had a load of food that we brought back home and bbq'd in between the rain.

Where did you all sit?

Next time I will try and keep up-to-date with the details a bit better!!
ian, we were over to the left under those big trees next to the playground. That group with the balloons definitely wasnt us, we had a welsh flag & a couple of english towels hanging on the fence & Steve wore his england shirt which attracted quite a few people.

Sorry you missed us, you should have wandered around just a bit further & you probably would have seen us. I did comment to Dagboy that I wondered if anyone may have turned up & not recognised us, I didnt take a list of who was coming & I couldnt remember names to see if anyone didnt turn up .