Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

is it possible.....????? anyone??? (defacto)

is it possible.....????? anyone??? (defacto)

Old Mar 4th 2005, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

Liia is an unknown quantity at this point
Question is it possible.....????? anyone??? (defacto)

hi guyz... well me and my defacto partner are actually deciding to migrate under skilled designated sponsor area (139) visa... and he is the primary applicant because his uncle will be the one to sponsor us...

*weve been living together for 2 years and 2 mos. now, but i believe we dont have enough evidence to prove it though... (but we would try our best to obtain as many evidence as we could produce)

*so my question is, are there any instances wherein only the primary applicant was granted a visa? (e.i in case dimia refuse to recognize our defacto relationship)

*and for those who have received call from dimia regarding the defacto relationship... may i also know what questions did they ask...

thanks!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 3:25 pm
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: is it possible.....????? anyone??? (defacto)

Originally Posted by Liia
hi guyz... well me and my defacto partner are actually deciding to migrate under skilled designated sponsor area (139) visa... and he is the primary applicant because his uncle will be the one to sponsor us...

*weve been living together for 2 years and 2 mos. now, but i believe we dont have enough evidence to prove it though... (but we would try our best to obtain as many evidence as we could produce)

*so my question is, are there any instances wherein only the primary applicant was granted a visa? (e.i in case dimia refuse to recognize our defacto relationship)

*and for those who have received call from dimia regarding the defacto relationship... may i also know what questions did they ask...

thanks!
Hi Liia,

My girlfriend and I are applying on the same Visa as yourselves.

We have lived together for just over a year and the documents we used to prove defacto were things such as our bank statements going to the same address, our joint mortgage statement - basically any official document going to our address with our names on it.

I can't help you with your other two questions (Interview and Rejection) as we luckily haven't had to face them yet!

Good luck!!
Old Mar 4th 2005, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

linnie2003 is on a distinguished road

Hi Liia
As I understand it defacto partners are rarely rejected outright, but you could be asked to provide further evidence.......I suspect DIMIA look more closely at people who have only been together for a short time...
if you are worried about the evidence you have, some things you could consider...
asking friends / family / work colleagues to help by getting them to write stat decs.. also asking if they have any evidence...for example have you sent them post cards from your holidays, do they have photos of you both at family events?
you may not have kept things like bank statements or itemised phone bills, but you can request old copies from companies ...sometimes you may have to pay a small fee for being sent duplicate copies. I obtained old bank statements and mobile phone records this way.
also if you haven't already done so, start collecting new evidence in a box, it usually takes time to prepare applications, in the meantime you can be adding to your pile!
Goodluck!
Old Mar 5th 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Sophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura aboutSophie Louise has a spectacular aura about

I had a call from DIMIA about my de facto application. (At work - looked very suspicious!!) They asked lots of relationship qs, such as how long we'd been together, how long we'd lived together, how I saw the future with my boyfriend, what difference getting married (as I said I saw this happening one day) would make to our relationship, whether I'd been in a de facto marriage befoe, how this time it's different, etc. Probably took about 5 mins. Very odd, as I wasn't expecting it and it's a bit weird talking about your feelings for your boyfriend to someone you've never met (er - although writing about them on a forum is much easier ) but all went ok and I got the visa the same week. Not sure how it would be for skills though...

Sophie
Old Mar 7th 2005, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Liia is an unknown quantity at this point

...thanks guys for the reply...sweet! =)
maybe ill just try to gather more evidence before sending my application =)

but anyway.. i still have one question left...

are there any instances wherein only the primary applicant was granted a visa? (e.i in case dimia refuse to recognize our defacto relationship)

thanks! and looking forward for your answers guyz!