Posh cockneys

Old Jun 16th 2004, 1:46 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough
Default Posh cockneys

We have been here on the Gold Coast for 7 months now, the strangest thing is that most people do not even realise we are English, I think that it is because this area of Australia has the highest influx of people around 17,000 per year moving here from all over Australia and New Zealand. Everyone you talk to is from Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Auckland or somewhere from around Australasia, this is really nice as I thought that we would stand out with our accents and we clearly do not. The other good thing is that there is a lot of English programmes on TV, so the locals are used to the way we speak. When asked where we are from many people are surpised and say that they thought we were posh Aussies, another salesperson said I sounded like a film star!, in the UK I am told that I sound like a Londoner!!!!!!

Slater
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:30 pm
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Posh cockneys

Originally posted by Slater
another salesperson said I sounded like a film star!
Use that to your advantage... get better deals, better seats in restaurants, etc. "Oh that's very perceptive of you but don't tell everyone, I like to go incognito, have you seen my latest film..." you never know, you might even end up getting asked for your autograph!
Old Jun 16th 2004, 2:38 pm
Waitin for my RPL result.

phyonics is an unknown quantity at this point

In fact demand that sort of treatment. Maybe some unruly "I deserve better" behaviour in a few eateries will serve to back up your case even more.

Looks like theres a few lucrative film deals heading your way. Who do you see yourself as?

Marko
Old Jun 16th 2004, 4:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: Posh cockneys

Originally posted by Slater
We have been here on the Gold Coast for 7 months now, the strangest thing is that most people do not even realise we are English, I think that it is because this area of Australia has the highest influx of people around 17,000 per year moving here from all over Australia and New Zealand. Everyone you talk to is from Sydney, Adelaide, Melbourne, Auckland or somewhere from around Australasia, this is really nice as I thought that we would stand out with our accents and we clearly do not. The other good thing is that there is a lot of English programmes on TV, so the locals are used to the way we speak. When asked where we are from many people are surpised and say that they thought we were posh Aussies, another salesperson said I sounded like a film star!, in the UK I am told that I sound like a Londoner!!!!!!

Slater
Oh my gawd - 17,000 :scared: Make sure there is some room for us!!!:scared:

I will be asking for your autograph when I get there
Old Jun 16th 2004, 11:37 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Looks like theres a few lucrative film deals heading your way. Who do you see yourself as?

Marko [/QUOTE]

How about Charles Laughton in the Hunchback of Notre Dame!!

Slater