Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Port Stephens/Nelsons Bay Accomodation

Wikiposts

Port Stephens/Nelsons Bay Accomodation

Old Jan 22nd 2005, 10:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Port Stephens/Nelsons Bay Accomodation

Am thinking of going up there for a few days and was wondering if any of you know any accomodation to recommend or avoid.
Old Jan 22nd 2005, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

ace ventura is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Port Stephens/Nelsons Bay Accomodation

Originally Posted by bondipom
Am thinking of going up there for a few days and was wondering if any of you know any accomodation to recommend or avoid.
Stayed at the Comfort Inn Salamander shores in Port Stephens Pretty Good Value
Old Feb 20th 2005, 7:54 am

Stayed at the Nelsons Bay Breezes resort. OK and in a good location although we could here the littluns upstairs thumping around. Most of the accomodation there looked like it was knocked up in the seventies.

The area itself is beautiful and I recommend spending a fews days up there. I ended up going on a dive to Broughton island. It was a bit rough to go to the site where there are loads of grey nurse sharks but several turned up at the Looking Glass. I must be getting sea legs as I staved off seasicknes.

We are now nice and relaxed and hopefully ready for the second half of pregnancy.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:16 am
rudo1ph

It depends how many of you there are. We recently went to the Fingal bay Holiday park. Location was great - a stone's throw from the beach - really nice safe beach but with enough "surf" to satisfy my 8 year old daughter most of the time, but we were unable to get the sort of cabin we wanted so ended up in very small basic one. With three children it was pretty cramped! The accomodation itself was pretty crap and run down too. I suspect the Garden Villas would have been much nicer and they were certainly a lot bigger. Pool was nice too. There are similar holiday parks (but without a pool) at Soldiers Point, Salamander bay - ooooo and another one - can't remember where though.

Old Feb 20th 2005, 8:19 am

There was a lot of crap accomodation up there. In some places I felt like I was in a seventies timewarp.
Old Feb 20th 2005, 12:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

RichS will become famous soon enough

We found going through an estate agent got us the best accom and deals try searching for Cheryl Richardson Real Estate. They let out units/houses by the day/weekend/week. Should see you ok.

The holiday camps might not be my choise with a v young child. You need a bit of spcae and convenience when on your holibobs. Its not supposed to be an ordeal.