Port Kennedy

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice
Default Port Kennedy

Hello All.

Can I ask who has knowledge of Port Kennedy and what it is like. No kids so school not important. Working in Belmont so commuting times are important. (Would like to travel by Public ransport but office is a long way from PT!!)

Many thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of
Default Re: Port Kennedy

We lived in Port Kennedy when we first arrived, you have to go to Warnbro station which is about a 7/8 mins drive. To park there for the day if you dont get a free space is $2. Belmont is near the Burswood area therefore i think you will be around 45mins on the train to the city.
I hope this helps.

annkc
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really niceDorutland is just really nice

Many thanks Ann.
Old Mar 23rd 2009, 10:15 pm

julesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond reputejulesandco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorutland
Many thanks Ann.
Just wanted to say Hi - we live in Secret Harbour now and used to live in Upper Caldecote / Langford just down the road from you.

If there's anything we can help with, just shout!

Jules x
Old Mar 24th 2009, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. We will be pestering you!!!!

Cheers
Old Mar 24th 2009, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dorutland
Hello All.

Can I ask who has knowledge of Port Kennedy and what it is like. No kids so school not important. Working in Belmont so commuting times are important. (Would like to travel by Public ransport but office is a long way from PT!!)

Many thanks
I live in Port Kennedy. My question would be why do you want to live there when you have to work in Belmont? Travelling can be tiring.

What is important to you? What do you expect from a suburb? In PK you have in principal everything at your doorstep except for restaurants (only one).

Last edited by Evelin; Mar 24th 2009 at 10:12 am.
Old Mar 24th 2009, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

As I travel extensively at the moment, the commute to Belmont isn't, as far as I can see, going to be too bad but the question was rather to get some local knowledge - eg: is the freeway totally blocked from 07.00 to 09.00 and thus it will take 2-3hrs to get to Belmont.

Having looked at Port Kennedy, ther are some rather nice houses available at a sensible rate, or rather what my company is prepared to pay (!) with some beautiful views over the Indian Ocean. Now, if there is little there apart from one resturant, and I assume but please advise, a store for grocery shopping, then we need to take into account taxis or one dry person whenever we go out.

However, if it is full of noise, trouble and other factors which one can't just google, then that puts a different perspective on it.

Hope that is clear!
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:02 am
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Port Kennedy and the commute is pretty bad if driving. Belmont is about 65km from here and its pretty much freeway all the way. I commute to Kewdale which isnt too far from Belmont and that takes an over an hour on a good run. The Kwinana Freeway is normally blocked from Armadale Road from 6.30am and is stuffed pretty much all morning. Belmont would perhaps be an 80 or 90 minute journey at peak rush hour.

As for Port Kennedy itself, well it depends on what you prefer in your suburb. What suits some people doesn't suit others. You need to get a feel for the area for yourself. Personally I find it pleasant, though I am from an inner city area in Nottingham so Beruit would be an improvement. Generally its fairly quiet but you do sometimes get noise. But that depends on your tolerence. Everyone seems to have big dogs that bark constantly, you get occasional hoons tearing round the area and maybe a party or 2 at the weekend its nothing major and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. There is also a small shopping complex with an IGA's in it but this generally shuts at 5 or 6pm like everything else in WA
Old Mar 24th 2009, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Many thanks for that, Perksy. Just what I was looking for.

Cheers
Old Mar 25th 2009, 1:21 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Hi there, I also live in P.K any questions - fire away!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. Perkys has answered most of what I was looking for so really do you agree with is comments? Are the beaches as lovely as they are meant to be? And finally, do you mind if I PM you with any specifics.

Cheers