Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pork Pies, Cornish Pasties....A NEW UPDATE

Pork Pies, Cornish Pasties....A NEW UPDATE

Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:29 pm
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Pork Pies, Cornish Pasties....A NEW UPDATE

I would just like to say a really big "thank you"! to all of the fellow expats who we met briefly yesterday, at the Brisbane New Farm market.

It was very much appreciated to see such support from you all on the day and also the good wishes and support from the forum over the whole week prior.
The day was a real success for us, and we recieved many positive comments throughout the day. Hopefully we'll get to see many more expats over the coming year.

Once again, thankyou

Tony, Maria, Michael and Ben
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pork Pies, Cornish Pasties....A NEW UPDATE

So did you take enough then

Wish I was closer would have come, congratualtions though on a successful day.

Jo
Old Jul 9th 2005, 11:40 pm
The Pork Pie man!

Wenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant futureWenz has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by joho
So did you take enough then

Wish I was closer would have come, congratualtions though on a successful day.

Jo
We just about got it right, no pork pies left! which was good, as we sold the last one just as we started to pack up. We could have done with a lot more Cornish Pasties though.
All in all though we got it about right.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:02 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Wenz
We just about got it right, no pork pies left! which was good, as we sold the last one just as we started to pack up. We could have done with a lot more Cornish Pasties though.
Glad to hear you did well

I don't get into Brisbane much, so didn't get the chance to come and sample the Cornish pasties, but by the sounds of it, it may have been wasted trip unless I was early, and arrived before you ran out

Well done

Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

We could have done with a lot more Cornish Pasties though.
Ah, the good ol Cornish pasty. Can't ave enough of those me dear

Now the six million dollar question.......where do you crimp.....top or side ?

Being a true blooded Cornishman I've eaten rather a lot of pasties over the years, but I'm very partial to both types
Attached Thumbnails Pork Pies, Cornish Pasties....A NEW UPDATE-pasties.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:13 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
Ah, the good ol Cornish pasty. Can't ave enough of those me dear

Now the six million dollar question.......where do you crimp.....top or side ?

Being a true blooded Cornishman I've eaten rather a lot of pasties over the years, but I'm very partial to both types
Either works well
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:17 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Either works well
It's all about value for money
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Tony & family,

Congratulations on the successful first day and all the best for the business. We loved the pasties and pork pies. The two hot pasties we had for breakfast were just perfectly seasoned - not too greasy (like some we've had in the past) and not too salty. Yes, we wish too that you had brought more cold pasties as we weren't able to bring any home. It's our fault not being able to get up a bit earlier to be there when the market opened! Did Mrs Dagboy and the Dagboys take all your cold pasties at 6am or something?

We had a pork pie and a Scotch egg for our lunch yesterday and they were great. I'll be bringing a pork pie for lunch tomorrow. Hmmmm yum...

We'll no doubt see you again at the market, and look forward to some Scotch pies and sausage rolls. (hint hint )

Mrs JTL
Old Jul 10th 2005, 12:45 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Wenz you are the man, had the pork pies last night, perfect, loads of meat just the right amount of jelly and melting pastry!!! Today we attack the pasties for lunch!! Yum Yum! Well done to all the family, great to see someone getting on!
ViVi
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vivi
Wenz you are the man, had the pork pies last night, perfect, loads of meat just the right amount of jelly and melting pastry!!! Today we attack the pasties for lunch!! Yum Yum! Well done to all the family, great to see someone getting on!
ViVi
So it was you, Vivi, taking all the cold pasties to leave us none to take home?!

A pasties-hungry JTL

Last edited by JackTheLad; Jul 10th 2005 at 1:16 am.
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:13 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
So it was you, Vivi, taking all the cold pasties to leave us none to take home?!

A pastie-hungry JTL
As you know JTL I am not usually one to be pernickety but we are talking pasties here.

Please note the singular is pasty.

I thank you
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:17 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

A pastie-hungry JTL
Sorry only bought two! Mind you I am fuming now, as I said we had the pork pies yesterday, well I admit I could only eat half, they were so filling. Anyway heres me now thinking I will go and finish off the pie now as I'm peckish! No can do.....it's vanished! Can't blame my daughter she doesn't eat them, the cat can't open the fridge just one suspect left hubby!!!! I might just have to have his pastie then!!
ViVi
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by vivi
Sorry only bought two! Mind you I am fuming now, as I said we had the pork pies yesterday, well I admit I could only eat half, they were so filling. Anyway heres me now thinking I will go and finish off the pie now as I'm peckish! No can do.....it's vanished! Can't blame my daughter she doesn't eat them, the cat can't open the fridge just one suspect left hubby!!!! I might just have to have his pastie then!!
ViVi
Bix, looks like it's an epidemic of misspelling,

JTL
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:49 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Did Mrs Dagboy and the Dagboys take all your cold pasties at 6am or something?
Nope not us MrsJTL, family stuff & a wedding on this weekend, we didnt manage to get in there. And by the sounds of it no one will be prepared to share any with us that they bought either .
Old Jul 10th 2005, 1:57 am
ABCDiamond

Come on .. Wenz, The Pork Pie man, looks like you need to make a special trip to the Bayside

But get some advance orders first

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.