Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

population ratio! OZ vs UK

population ratio! OZ vs UK

Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all
Default population ratio! OZ vs UK

Heres an interesting bit of info: - The population density for

Australia is 6 people per sq mile/2 people per sq kilometre. Area of Australia is 3 million sq miles. Population of Australia is 19million people.

compared to

UK 632 people per sq mile/240 people per sq kilometre. Area of Uk is 95000sq miles. Population of UK is 60Million people.

I was amazed at the Australian 6 people per square mile, so thought i would share it!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:26 am
Just Joined

davidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the roughdavidj247 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: population ratio! OZ vs UK

If you took all the habitable places in Oz and stuck them all together you'd end up with a poulation density like Hong Kong!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

badassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to allbadassbrickie is a name known to all

:curse::curse: Argggghhhhh. you cant post anything on here without a sarcastic comment. Sorry for trying to be informative, il be sure to tell my 7 year old that her information is not required for higher intellects.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:07 am
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Originally Posted by badassbrickie
:curse::curse: Argggghhhhh. you cant post anything on here without a sarcastic comment. Sorry for trying to be informative, il be sure to tell my 7 year old that her information is not required for higher intellects.
You tell 'em! Don't listen to the stupid comments, some of us like to find out as much as we can about the place that's going to become our home, so thanks for sharing! Tell your 7 yr old to keep em coming
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:08 am
Banned

Reagu is an unknown quantity at this point

I am sure with that valuable knowledge she'll get straight A grades at GCSE bless her.

Seriously though any one with half a brain knows Australia is huge with fewer people than the tiny over populated UK.

Hard as it is to believe there are apparently a few people on here with more than half a brain.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:09 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Well I though it was informative and puts into perspective the vast country that is Australia. I like the fact that Victoria is about the same size as mainland Britain and there are only about 4.8M people living here, 4M of those in Melbourne and it's suburbs.

You tend to find that the majority of the sarky comments come from people who are not here yet - or who want to but can't get in.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:10 am
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Most amazing pictorial summary.

Andrew
Attached Thumbnails population ratio! OZ vs UK-oz-us-uk-map.gif  

Last edited by andrew63; Aug 28th 2007 at 10:11 am. Reason: That's the US and UK and Oz for those with only half a brain!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:15 am
Banned

Reagu is an unknown quantity at this point

Now that map is informative.
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks guys, it is so nice to hear from people with positive comments. There are so many people on here who are quick to post negative comments and if we listened to them we would have bured TRA and not bothered, but unfortunately for them we ent TRA and passes so the stats will be rising by 4 next year!!!

some more gems from my daughter Shannon - Australia is home to the largest butterfly with a wing span of 11 inches and also home to the worlds most dangerous bird at 7ft tall. Also is only continent with no active volcanos

But im sure those more intellegent people already new that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:25 am
There is no "U" in Qantas

MisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really niceMisterTwo is just really nice

Originally Posted by bcworld
So over on the Clarkson thread you pointed out that you were surprised someone had taken exception to your comments as it was your first post....and I agreed. That said, why are you laying into this guy with your 'half brain' comments for posting on something he thinks may be of interest!?

If it doesn't interest you feel free to ignore it!
I noticed that as well - 10 posts and most of them are there to wind people up. I sense either a chip on someones shoulder or a Troll!

I can feel a Poll coming on!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Gonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to beholdGonnago is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys, it is so nice to hear from people with positive comments. There are so many people on here who are quick to post negative comments and if we listened to them we would have bured TRA and not bothered, but unfortunately for them we ent TRA and passes so the stats will be rising by 4 next year!!! good for you guys - I wish you all the luck, well not ALL the luck 'cause I want some myself

some more gems from my daughter Shannon - Australia is home to the largest butterfly with a wing span of 11 inches wow I actually didnt know that - but will share with my 7 year old who will be interested and also home to the worlds most dangerous bird at 7ft tall.Im actually 5ft 9 Also is only continent with no active volcanos

But im sure those more intellegent people already new that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nope
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:33 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing

try clicking the map

Originally Posted by andrew63
Most amazing pictorial summary.

Andrew
Attached Thumbnails population ratio! OZ vs UK-oz-us-uk-map.gif  
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:38 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Amazing

try clicking the map
Wouldn't that be more like Sunny_Stirling!
Old Aug 28th 2007, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

keel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond reputekeel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MisterTwo
I noticed that as well - 10 posts and most of them are there to wind people up. I sense either a chip on someones shoulder or a Troll!

I can feel a Poll coming on!
Hello there

Perhaps the alledged Troll was trying to make a serious point.

Hong Kong is bigger than most realise. With large areas outside the city including national parks.

Now if you take all the main urban areas of Oz together then you will come to something similar. Most Australians are city dwellers only visiting a few out of town areas on holdays or weekends.

There'll be loads of you who disagree. "I go out into the bush all the time". "When I get to Australia I'm not living in a city". But from my experience (I'm sad, I know) life goes on very similar to when in the UK.

Just my thoughts

Keel
Old Aug 28th 2007, 6:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond reputeTableland has a reputation beyond repute

The Hong Kong thing isn't true either. Habitable Australia is still vast - far larger than necessary for a population of 21 million. Your daughter is quite right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.