Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Population figures for Oz

Population figures for Oz

Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Population figures for Oz

O.K. , so , according to BBC , "over 100 " Brit families leaves U.K. to settle Down Unda every day ?
(To my reckoning , this should add up to over 50K new families annually arriving from U.K. alone , please , correct me...)
And there are also untold numbers of Indians and other Asians , plus some odd adventurous EUropeans coming to try it there , and the middle-Easterners etc...?
Does anyone have access to reliable figures , depicting the change in Oz population figures , then - say : 1970 to nowadays ?
Old Feb 11th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

Womat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really niceWomat is just really nice
Default Re: Population figures for Oz

Australian Bureau of Statistics would be worth a try.

http://www.abs.gov.au/
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:48 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.immi.gov.au/media/publica...tics/index.htm

All the immigration statistics you can eat, including the breakdown from country of origin, state where headed to etc.

Its quite interesting I think.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 10:56 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray51
O.K. , so , according to BBC , "over 100 " Brit families leaves U.K. to settle Down Unda every day ?
(To my reckoning , this should add up to over 50K new families annually arriving from U.K. alone , please , correct me...)
And there are also untold numbers of Indians and other Asians , plus some odd adventurous EUropeans coming to try it there , and the middle-Easterners etc...?
Does anyone have access to reliable figures , depicting the change in Oz population figures , then - say : 1970 to nowadays ?
The BBC is intent on sending all of the UK to Australia. If they're not saying floor-layers get GBP50k a year, it's that everything is so cheap (bread for 35p a loaf anyone?) then it's that 'the whole country is leaving so you may as well follow'.

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story anyway?

PS 23,290 people born in the UK 'settled' in Aus last year, according to the stats in Centurion's link.