Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Poor Service From Agent

Poor Service From Agent

Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:46 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough
Default Poor Service From Agent

Just looking for some advice! We have just lodged our Visa through our Agent and will now have to pay the 2nd and final installment of the fee. However, the service we have received has been terrible. Such as them having all our documents for 3 months but telling us the day before it was meant to be lodged that my reference needed changed. There has been a whole catalogue of questions not answered and not once have they acknowledged receipt of documents sent recorded delivery. We have always had to follow up and check everything was ok. They also gave us wrong advice re medicals - telling us they should be sent to the agent when in fact they must be sent directly to DIMIA. I know nothing major has happened but it has made the whole process even more stressful and I really grudge having to pay them a large sum of money for such a poor service. Can anyone advice on what we can do re the payment? (We have already made a written complaint to the company a few months ago and did receive a verbal apology and told that things would improve - they didn't!)
Thanks
PS Don't want to mention company as I have heard it can cause problems but if anyone is interested then send a PM and I would be happy to disclose their name!! I certainly wouldn't recommend them to anyone
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:52 am
BE Enthusiast

eintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to alleintracht is a name known to all
Default Re: Poor Service From Agent

As mentioned somewhere before if they are MARA registered there is a complaints body that you ca ntake your grievences to. Can't remember the name of it but any of the agents who post on here, or searching an old thread, should provide you with the details. Not sure if that will help you financially but its a start.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:54 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

NAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the roughNAC is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by eintracht
As mentioned somewhere before if they are MARA registered there is a complaints body that you ca ntake your grievences to. Can't remember the name of it but any of the agents who post on here, or searching an old thread, should provide you with the details. Not sure if that will help you financially but its a start.
Thanks for that. They are MARA registered and we have the forms for making a complaint but they process can take up to a year! and it seems to be more for major problems (like being told you will get a visa and then failing). I just don't know how to deal with the bill when it lands on our doorstep in a few days time!!
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

MikeMc is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow - that sounds exactly like our Agents. Our whole process has taken nearly 2 years now, and its still not lodged. We have requests for the same certified copies over and over. We had to get relatives in OZ to sign a form, when the the Agent got it, they told us it was updated and had to be signed again. I dread opening emails, everytime I see the agents email address, I just know its asking for something again. This time was copies of Birth certificates, Marriage, even references dated for this year (3 times I have updated this now). One thing after another. We are both just about had it to be honest and almost lost it a number of times.

I was asked for the second half of the fee just after they asked for more information, I toyed with not sending (as everyone here seems to take a hell of lot less time). But these guys are suppose to be able to put you in a better position. I did pay eventually as the thought of starting all over again was not very nice. if your in an early stage definatley look somewhere else it will pay for itself and you should be there quicker.

I feel for you, we had nearly two years (well up to now) of it and apparently will be lodged this year some time, maybe..... So bang goes my April target.

This is a skilled migration too.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 7:24 am
Moved out bush!

jensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud ofjensteve has much to be proud of

Had a very similar experience, I ended up knowing more than the agents in the end, I was constantly on at them to answer questions that they never seemed to know the answer to. Just as well I had found this site or our application would have had serious problems. I paid them, but would never recommned them to anyone, they are registered by the way and based in the UK with the main office over here.

Jenny
Old Jan 19th 2005, 8:06 am
NAC
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jensteve
Had a very similar experience, I ended up knowing more than the agents in the end, I was constantly on at them to answer questions that they never seemed to know the answer to. Just as well I had found this site or our application would have had serious problems. I paid them, but would never recommned them to anyone, they are registered by the way and based in the UK with the main office over here.

Jenny
Wouldn't it be ironic if it were the same company?? I'm just too frightened to mention their name on the thread!