Pools in Sydney

Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pools in Sydney

Was wondering if anyone has a pool in Sydney or hot tub, or is the weather not good enough?
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:46 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pools in Sydney

Originally Posted by verystormy
Was wondering if anyone has a pool in Sydney or hot tub, or is the weather not good enough?
Apparantly there are around 777,000 pools in NSW so, yes, plenty of people have them.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 2:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I would have one if I was there if I was a millionaire and could afford to pay someone to maintain and clean it for me as they take up so much work and money.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud ofJacque has much to be proud of

I've had pools in every home since 1993 now, and it's been a few

We love them, but then again we have three children who use it more than 6mths of the year and bring all their friends around too, so it definitely gets loads of use.

Maintenance wise, I'd suggest installing an auto cleaner ($600-1500) for peace of mind and you'll be spending far less time on the pool than you realise. They are worth every cent.
Old Feb 7th 2008, 9:14 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seayork2002
I would have one if I was there if I was a millionaire and could afford to pay someone to maintain and clean it for me as they take up so much work and money.
they dont cost a lot to maintain and clean
Old Feb 7th 2008, 10:02 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

I have an old pool that has a spa included to the side. Pool gets used three/four months a year but hoping to extend that because we just had solar fitted. The spa gets used roughly once a month by us but does costs a bit. Kids would go in more often with mates but find it irksome to heat all evening for them to be in and out for 20 mins.

It is a chemical pool and pool cleaning and manitenance is a chore for hubby and son but became a little cheaper and easier now son's part time job is in a pool shop.

A pool is great for kids of all ages but for me until the solar was fitted I roughly went in twice a year.

We tend to look around for 2nd hand stuff if possible - like the pool cover and roller (saves on water and heating). They can be a pretty penny but worth it. We paid $200 for both in great nick and it is a fair size pool.

The pool is over 20 years old and it cost us a lot of money to renovate but is looking good now. In reality we would not be without it because of the year we spent in a rental without a pool even travelling to the local pool / beach was a chore in hot weather. The older child will swim before and after school/work and the spa is a great way to end an evening.