Pools

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 3:37 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pools

Hiya

This is a bit premature as we're not even out there yet and don't even know if we'll like it and stay but after reading another thread where there are pictures of a very nice looking pool i thought i'd take advantage and ask some questions?

We should be moving to West side of Melbourne early next year and going to rent til a we either come home or b decide we lvoe it so much we have to move buy a piece of land and a house.

We know whereabout we want to live, what school we want kids to go to.
Once we have bought the land (big enough for house and pool and a garden area).

Whats the next step. We'd want a reasonable size pool I think not just swim 2 lengths and thats it.
Our children will next year be 9, 7 and 2 yrs old. I quite like the idea of a deep end, enought for the kids and hubby to jump in and not do themselves an injury??? and quite a shallow end to just sit and relax and not too deep for baby.
I've heard there are different types of water that can be put into the pool's? whats that about?
What sort of prices are we looking at?
Can you recommend any places around Melbourne that sell them ?

You're all thinking my god you might not even like it but hey I'm lookin gon the positive side and would just like to get some idea ?
Got to do something while we're twiddling our thumbs waiting for the visa to go through

Thanks

Jen
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 2:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pools

Melbourne is on stage 1 water restrictions and you want a pool!

Bear in mind your council may not let you fill it and if they do they will expect you to save water in other areas to compensate for it
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 5:15 am
Banned

232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute232Bar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JenJen
I've heard there are different types of water that can be put into the pool's?
Well there's that water sort of water, and I've heard there's another type of water that isn't as wet as normal water

Sorry - couldn't resist. I'm guessing you're looking at the difference between a salt water pool and a chlorine pool. Try this one for starters http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...alt+water+pool
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 5:47 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Hiya

This is a bit premature as we're not even out there yet and don't even know if we'll like it and stay but after reading another thread where there are pictures of a very nice looking pool i thought i'd take advantage and ask some questions?

We should be moving to West side of Melbourne early next year and going to rent til a we either come home or b decide we lvoe it so much we have to move buy a piece of land and a house.

We know whereabout we want to live, what school we want kids to go to.
Once we have bought the land (big enough for house and pool and a garden area).

Whats the next step. We'd want a reasonable size pool I think not just swim 2 lengths and thats it.
Our children will next year be 9, 7 and 2 yrs old. I quite like the idea of a deep end, enought for the kids and hubby to jump in and not do themselves an injury??? and quite a shallow end to just sit and relax and not too deep for baby.
I've heard there are different types of water that can be put into the pool's? whats that about?
What sort of prices are we looking at?
Can you recommend any places around Melbourne that sell them ?

You're all thinking my god you might not even like it but hey I'm lookin gon the positive side and would just like to get some idea ?
Got to do something while we're twiddling our thumbs waiting for the visa to go through

Thanks

Jen
We used a local company , but they use a range that is worldwide they are www.barrierreefpools.com.au on there you will find all the pools they do and sizes (line drawing section) and there should be a list of suppliers in your state, if you want a copy of the price list PM me i charge 1 hit of karma per transaction

We went for salt as we are told it is less up keep , but have not had time to form an opinion
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tabby
We used a local company , but they use a range that is worldwide they are www.barrierreefpools.com.au on there you will find all the pools they do and sizes (line drawing section) and there should be a list of suppliers in your state, if you want a copy of the price list PM me i charge 1 hit of karma per transaction

We went for salt as we are told it is less up keep , but have not had time to form an opinion
Couldn't open the link

Ok I take it pools are a touchy subject out there?
Though I should say we're still in the Uk right now, so not even sure if we'll stay out there long enough to BUY a house - we just thought it would be good to look into it and get opinions and suggestions from people who live out in Australia and know?
We'll prob rent for a year anyway.
Right now i'm just looking for what your opinions are on pool's? DO you have 1 ? and yes thankyou 232 bar I did mean salt water and chlorine, cheeky ?
If you do have a pool how often do you use it? if you've had one a while did you think you'd use it more than you actually do ?

thanks

Jen
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:44 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't open the link

Though I should say we're still in the Uk right now, so not even sure if we'll stay out there long enough to BUY a house - we just thought it would be good to look into it and get opinions and suggestions from people who live out in Australia and know?
Right now i'm just looking for what your opinions are on pool's? DO you have 1 ? and yes thankyou 232 bar I did mean salt water and chlorine, cheeky ?
If you do have a pool how often do you use it? if you've had one a while did you think you'd use it more than you actually do ?

thanks

Jen
Try this

www.barrierreefpools.com
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

As far as pools go based on conversations with my Aussie mates here in Melb, they wouldn't buy a house with a pool, they see it as more hassle than it is worth. Melbourne is on the coast with easy access to numerous beaches and they would prefer to go cool off there than in a pool

Pools are only a touchy subject in so far as it seems such a waste of water. Melb's water reserves are down below 50% and we are on permanent water restrictions now. Also be warned that as you use more water the rate you are charged by the water copmany increases so it pays to be thrifty
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Melbourne is on stage 1 water restrictions and you want a pool!

Bear in mind your council may not let you fill it and if they do they will expect you to save water in other areas to compensate for it

Water restrictions?
I had to brave torrential rain late last night to pump out 8ins of water to stop our pool extending into next doors garden! oh the dry tropics, dont you love em
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Couldn't open the link

thanks

Jen
Sorry it is http://www.barrierreefpools.com/

We only know people with saltwater and they swear by them they average around 5 mins a week of your time , the pool shop will test the water for free well in QLD don't know about VIC .....The only hassle we have Had is that it has rained a lot in the last week and we have had to empty some water out as if it overflows the water will kill all the plants .....the only reason this was a pain is our pipe was not long enough to reach the storm drain in the street and as the drain here are closed on the outside of the house I ended up cutting the fly screen off my window and sticking the pipe through the security grill into the bath ....but it was quite fun doing all this in the rain
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rabc
Water restrictions?
I had to brave torrential rain late last night to pump out 8ins of water to stop our pool extending into next doors garden! oh the dry tropics, dont you love em
We have had rain on and off today but apparently it isn't going into the reservoirs! I think we have a water thief or something diverting it away
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:11 am
Account Closed

Thanks guys this is all good stuff to know.

Sorry but I had to laugh at the thought of you out in torrential rain trying to empty some of your pool, thanks for putting a smile on my face - though I quite imagine if we did get a pool that'd be me doing that and no doubt in the middle of the night too lol

I assume this was nice warm torrentail rain?

I have to say the pool#s look lovely though

Jen
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry but I had to laugh at the thought of you out in torrential rain trying to empty some of your pool, thanks for putting a smile on my face - though I quite imagine if we did get a pool that'd be me doing that and no doubt in the middle of the night too lol

Jen
It is warm when you first arrive , but I'm only just out of jumpers 1st thing in the morn and at night anything below 20 feels freezing ...
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 8:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tabby
It is warm when you first arrive , but I'm only just out of jumpers 1st thing in the morn and at night anything below 20 feels freezing ...
Lmao so you don't fancy a holiday in the Uk at xmas time then ?

Jen
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Rabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of lightRabc is a glorious beacon of light

Jen
Oh yes, nice and warm - unlike the pool
Old Sep 3rd 2006, 9:59 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

It Mel warm enought for a pool, must be a short swimming period so is it worth it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.