Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pool owners BEWARE

pool owners BEWARE

Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:03 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute
Default pool owners BEWARE

I have a bad habit of cleaning the filter box on the pool ,by plunging my hand in and pulling the leaves out,got a shock when a Large Wolf spider ran up my arm.
Makes the old sphincter twitch .
so be wary, not dangerous to adults ,the wolf spider has a painful bite....... mm
Attached Thumbnails pool owners BEWARE-x-mas-2005-015.jpg  
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:11 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pool owners BEWARE

Originally Posted by mr mover
I have a bad habit of cleaning the filter box on the pool ,by plunging my hand in and pulling the leaves out,got a shock when a Large Wolf spider ran up my arm.
so be wary, not dangerous to adults ,the wolf spider has a painful bite....... mm

Yeech !! Nasty lookin Bugger !!!!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 12:15 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

I nearly wet myself one time when I went to pull the filter out and there was a huge f'ing snake in the filter box. I even got the wife to come and look at it, but then it swam out of the filter into the pool, and it wasn't a snake at all, just a huge blue tongued lizard... still had to change my shorts tho...
Old Dec 4th 2005, 2:05 am
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: pool owners BEWARE

BLOODY HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm having reservations now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xRachx
Old Dec 4th 2005, 2:08 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Doesn't worry me in the slightest.

Da Boss looks after the pool

Suppose I better tell her though as she does clean it with her hands too.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 3:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Beasties are out in force this weekend, went to the ensuite last night and there is a red back spider sitting on the bathroom scale :scared: We have a heat light exhaust fan and it appears to have dropped straight through the vents, sure enough found 3 more around the roof this morning 2 cans of cancer chemicals through the house and spider free.

This morning we finish at the beach and out of what looks like one of those cute crab holes appears a baby brown snake about a metre from where we are loading gear :scared:

Just waiting for No 3 now.
Old Dec 4th 2005, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Beasties are out in force this weekend, went to the ensuite last night and there is a red back spider sitting on the bathroom scale :scared: We have a heat light exhaust fan and it appears to have dropped straight through the vents, sure enough found 3 more around the roof this morning 2 cans of cancer chemicals through the house and spider free.
If your house doesnt have an overhanging eave, the risk of geting redbacks inside the house increases. The RBs generally tend to stay in the space between the wall and the gutter of a house with an overhanging eaves.

Remove the overhang....

WW
Old Dec 4th 2005, 6:06 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wanderingwombat
If your house doesnt have an overhanging eave, the risk of geting redbacks inside the house increases. The RBs generally tend to stay in the space between the wall and the gutter of a house with an overhanging eaves.

Remove the overhang....

WW
What's an overhanging eave???

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 4th 2005, 7:30 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Can I ask what you did with it?? Just curious cause if I saw that I'd collapse from fear (along with everything else I will have to get used to!!!) Wouldn't know how to get rid of it. Here in the UK I use my trusty spider catcher but me thinks it's going to be tooooo smal for the little blighters you have in Oz!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 4th 2005, 7:37 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute

Oh why oh why did I click the thumbnail :scared: :scared:

D D
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:29 pm
Forum Regular

dh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud ofdh1905 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
Oh why oh why did I click the thumbnail :scared: :scared:

D D

OMG, I really really wish I hadnt read this thread!!!!!!!!
Hubby is now sh***ing himself, he was hoping to be a self employed chippie and that maybe included replacing parts of houses- but not any more
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the warning, I'm not normally bothered by creepy crawlies (well I have 3 boys), but that's an ugly ****** Mr M! Not sure I really want a pool if they need cleaning!
Old Dec 4th 2005, 9:45 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by glittababe
thanks for the warning, I'm not normally bothered by creepy crawlies (well I have 3 boys), but that's an ugly ****** Mr M! Not sure I really want a pool if they need cleaning!

But what do you do if your spider catcher does fit!!!! :scared: :scared:

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 4th 2005, 11:45 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich

This morning we finish at the beach and out of what looks like one of those cute crab holes appears a baby brown snake about a metre from where we are loading gear :scared:

Just waiting for No 3 now.
FYI, we have those heater, light, fan units and they give great access for creepies to enter your nice damp bathrooms which are very attractive for them!
They are quite easy to remove from the ceiling and using tape and insect nylon mesh (type used on fly screen doors - from Bunnings, not expensive), you can cover the top and replace to prevent the insects from entering without impeding the fan etc.
Actually don't know why they are not made like.
Had to do this after finding a RB in the shower (rather my wife did!)
Not had any 8-legged vistors in the bathrooms since.

Andrew
Old Dec 5th 2005, 12:05 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

That's just a baby one.

At the barbecue yesterday a huntsman twice that size crawled up the back of one of the mum's chairs and on to the back of her head.

Fortunately she's not arachnaphobic and sat quietly as her hurband removed it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.