Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is pool maintenance included in the rent?

Is pool maintenance included in the rent?

Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:14 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is pool maintenance included in the rent?

Hi folks,

Fancy trying to rent a house with a pool just to get an idea of whether or not we'd really use one or if it'd just be a novelty.

Can anyone tell me whether or not pool maintenance is covered in the rent or if not does anyone have an idea as to costs per week/month?

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is pool maintenance included in the rent?

Originally Posted by Stitch
Hi folks,

Fancy trying to rent a house with a pool just to get an idea of whether or not we'd really use one or if it'd just be a novelty.

Can anyone tell me whether or not pool maintenance is covered in the rent or if not does anyone have an idea as to costs per week/month?

Cheers

Ginny
Not unless its specified as included- some are (like those in a complex) but most of the time its not.

As for cost, it depends on what type of pool it is (salt/chlorine), how big, how often you use it & whether you do it yourself or get a guy in to do it.

We got told that the pool guy could come around to do our pool at a cost of $30/visit + chemicals - we do it ourselves cos its not that hard!
Old Dec 10th 2005, 8:47 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

I can only echo the sentiments of the honourable lady Dagboy

A lot of rentals up here are now being advertised to include pool maintenance with the tenant paying for chemicals.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:23 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers Guys,

Just trying to do the sums.

Ginny
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:40 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Ginny

Just looked up our bills.

Chemicals approx 30-35 bucks per month but does vary a bit depending on the time of year.
Would be cheaper if you do it yourself.
Our pool is salt water and approx 8 x 4 meters.
Attached Thumbnails Is pool maintenance included in the rent?-house2.jpg  
Old Dec 10th 2005, 9:46 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by Bix
Ginny

Just looked up our bills.

Chemicals approx 30-35 bucks per month but does vary a bit depending on the time of year.
Would be cheaper if you do it yourself.
Our pool is salt water and approx 8 x 4 meters.
I so want to dive in there right now. Cheers for checking. I feel it would be useful to get a rentable property with a pool, if we can, to see what it'd be like. Not too many about that I can see from this end that'll take dogs though. I've got two kids 4 and 7 at the moment and they would love this. At least if we have to do it ourselves it'd give us a rouhg idea of the long term work etc.

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:10 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Da Boss uses it every day and for most of the year.

Tis okay at the moment but too cold for me a lot of the time.

Temp has been about 33 degrees for the past 3 weeks and the pool has heated up to late 20's.

Below 25 and I find it too cold.
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:18 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bix
Below 25 and I find it too cold.
Ya big WUSS!!!

I used to go swimming on Bangor beach on New Years Day in the UK, I'd be lucky if the air temperature was above freezing.

Anyway, back to the OP. Pool maintenance is negotiable. We said to prospective tenants of our place that we could arrange for the maintenance ourselves and add it on to the rent or they could do it. Same story with the garden maintenance. They chose to do it themselves (or get their own people to do it)
Old Dec 10th 2005, 10:21 am
Ok this isn't so bad

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Ya big WUSS!!!

I used to go swimming on Bangor beach on New Years Day in the UK, I'd be lucky if the air temperature was above freezing.

Anyway, back to the OP. Pool maintenance is negotiable. We said to prospective tenants of our place that we could arrange for the maintenance ourselves and add it on to the rent or they could do it. Same story with the garden maintenance. They chose to do it themselves (or get their own people to do it)
Cheers for that......25 Deg...I'd be floating. The temp here in the North Sea is a little cold!!!!

Cheers

Ginny
Old Dec 11th 2005, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bix
I can only echo the sentiments of the honourable lady Dagboy

A lot of rentals up here are now being advertised to include pool maintenance with the tenant paying for chemicals.
Most owners would want to have the pool checked monthly just to be certain that it was being chemically maintained to avoided the dreaded black spot (a hard to remove algae).