British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Pool fencing Perth (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/pool-fencing-perth-485446/)

Scoofy Oct 5th 2007 9:17 am

Pool fencing Perth

Hi,

We are looking for tubular steel or aluminium pool fencing around Perth. Can anyone recommend a supplier/company you've had a good experience with?
(or bad one ;) )

Thanks
Scoofy

aston man Oct 5th 2007 12:01 pm

Re: Pool fencing Perth

Originally Posted by Scoofy (Post 5389259)
Hi,

We are looking for tubular steel or aluminium pool fencing around Perth. Can anyone recommend a supplier/company you've had a good experience with?
(or bad one ;) )

Thanks
Scoofy

mate i know where the factory is ,im sorry i dont know what its called....
its on the road from lesmurdie to perth...

ill try and find out for you....its by johns builders merchants..

SKIPPI79 Oct 5th 2007 3:14 pm

Is it law to have a fence around your pool??
when we lived there bout 15yrs ago we never had fenses around the pool area? but it seems on all the houses these days I see on websites have fenses built around them?
Or is it ones choice to place one for youngsters??

steve99 Oct 6th 2007 12:56 am

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79 (Post 5390149)
Is it law to have a fence around your pool??
when we lived there bout 15yrs ago we never had fenses around the pool area? but it seems on all the houses these days I see on websites have fenses built around them?
Or is it ones choice to place one for youngsters??

The laws changed a couple of years ago, and still vary slightly on older pools, im not 100% this is accurate, but its something like, any new pool going in (or spa) has to have a barrier something like 110cm high to stop access to the water.
Depending on when you purchased an pre constructed house with pool you may have to add a barrier within a certain timeframe (3mth rings a bell)
We dont have to have on on ours as it settled prior to the laws changing, we just had to have gates etc blocking access from the street and auto door closures on door leading to the pool from the house, a pain as this restricts us from opening up the back of ourhouse with by-fold doors to the outdoor area...
Check with the local council for exact requirements as they do all very slightly.

lucy.summers Oct 6th 2007 11:02 am

Hi,

(or bad one ;) )

Thanks
Scoofy

www.diypoolfencing.com.au

We used these people and fitted it ourselves - wasn't hard - we were only doing round a swim spa and spa though - took just over a day to do. We found them the cheapest - even with paying $400ish for delivery from over East.

steveyp Oct 7th 2007 11:37 pm

Hi,

(or bad one ;) )

Thanks
Scoofy

If you are Northern suburbs please PM me and I will pass your details on to my fence guy, he does steel, aluminium and semi frameless glass.
Cheers
Steve

hunter Oct 8th 2007 12:54 am

Hi,

(or bad one ;) )

Thanks
Scoofy

We used this place, very good and happy with the result.
place they installed (not a contractor)

beware of cheap quotes from some places and the quality on the product and install vary greatly as I've found from other friends pool fences.

http://www.craftsmanfencing.com.au/

:thumbup: