Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pool fence guide & AS1926

Pool fence guide & AS1926

Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

showdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really niceshowdan is just really nice
Default Pool fence guide & AS1926

Hi all

I've been installing my own pool fence following the QLD pool fence guide. I thought I had everything covered, but upon clarifying something with the bloke who will be certifying the pool fence, I found out there's several things I'd overlooked. This is because the pool fence guide doesn't cover half of what's needed and I should have been using Australian Standard AS1926 part 1 and part 2.

After several emails to the certifier I now believe I have got everything, but would really like to run my eyes over a copy of the standards (don't want to pay nearly $200 for a 15 minute glance). Would just like to be happy in my own mind I've covered everything.

So if anyone know where I can get a look at these standards I'd be very grateful.

thanks
showdan
Old Jul 29th 2008, 8:57 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pool fence guide & AS1926

Originally Posted by showdan
Hi all

I've been installing my own pool fence following the QLD pool fence guide. I thought I had everything covered, but upon clarifying something with the bloke who will be certifying the pool fence, I found out there's several things I'd overlooked. This is because the pool fence guide doesn't cover half of what's needed and I should have been using Australian Standard AS1926 part 1 and part 2.

After several emails to the certifier I now believe I have got everything, but would really like to run my eyes over a copy of the standards (don't want to pay nearly $200 for a 15 minute glance). Would just like to be happy in my own mind I've covered everything.

So if anyone know where I can get a look at these standards I'd be very grateful.

thanks
showdan
Not sure but I would expect it to be in the BCA book https://www.abcb.gov.au/go/home you should be able to find a copy in the reference section in your library