Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Pool Companies Sunshine Coast

Pool Companies Sunshine Coast

Old Aug 6th 2008, 10:09 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Pool Companies Sunshine Coast

Hi,

We're thinking about maybe looking into one day drawing up plans to consider putting a pool in our back garden.

Can anyone recommend a company on the SC?

And, for a concrete pool (about 6m x 4m) would anyone be able hazzard a guess at a price (can i play hardball with quotes, it still being winter n'all?)?

Also, i've seen mention of solar heating, or black pipes going over the roof. Any opinions on these? Or heating alternatives.

TIA
Old Aug 7th 2008, 9:31 am
Oxford - SEQ August 07

Urno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really niceUrno is just really nice
Default Re: Pool Companies Sunshine Coast

Aaachoo!
Old Aug 7th 2008, 11:10 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I've been wracking my brains trying to think of people up there who've mentioned they've had a pool built but no one's come to mind yet. Solar heating is about the best way although some find that simply having a blanket does the trick - especially being as you are in a supposedly warmer area of the country. I'll keep thinking.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

turkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the roughturkey12903 is a jewel in the rough

[quote=Urno;6650809]Hi,

We're thinking about maybe looking into one day drawing up plans to consider putting a pool in our back garden.

Can anyone recommend a company on the SC?

And, for a concrete pool (about 6m x 4m) would anyone be able hazzard a guess at a price (can i play hardball with quotes, it still being winter n'all?)?

Also, i've seen mention of solar heating, or black pipes going over the roof. Any opinions on these? Or heating alternatives.

http://environpools.com.au/home.html

worth a look
Old Aug 31st 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

bobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud ofbobbyfaescotland has much to be proud of

We used a company called Panorama Pools and had a fibreglass pool installed in our garden, 7m x 4m and it cost around $17000 including water. They told me that a concrete pool was just slightly more expensive at around $18000 - $19000.

We needed $3000 for our pool fence and $5000 for our paving.

Our next door neighbor has solar heating installed on his roof from Zane and it is amazing. His pool never dropped below 28 degrees all winter and if he kept the blanket on all day it would creep up to 30 degrees, costs around $4500 for that.

http://www.panoramapools.com.au

http://www.zane.com.au

Hope this helps
Old Aug 31st 2008, 9:17 am
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

Factory pools on aerodrome rd maoochydore.

A1 service