Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

pool cleaners & extras

pool cleaners & extras

Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:47 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute
Question pool cleaners & extras

Whilst out looking for pool cleaner (looking at the Zodiac/Baracuda Genie 2), one issue that has been mentioned is that the hoses develop a memory and end up not cleaning the whole pool or getting stuck (reminds of another post where hole was worn on the step after keep getting stuck).

Of course they have a solution with a "twister" (suppose to turn hose to avoid 'memory' forming) and an extra $99. has anyone bought/used the Twister, does it really work/is it worth it?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:54 am
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: pool cleaners & extras

In the instructions it says leave the hoses out in the sun and they will straighten. You can also swap them around/re-order them to change the so called memory. Beware of snake-oil salesmen and gimmicks here.

I am constantly tinkering with my Genie II by moving it's weight/adding and removing lengths of hose etc etc. It's a hobby, I probably tinker too much.

I think it all depends on the shape of your pool and how many awkward corners it has.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:01 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by temptininnit
I think it all depends on the shape of your pool and how many awkward corners it has.
no fancy shape, just a rectangle, so 4 right angle corners

thanks for the comments
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:39 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

We have an 8m x 4m kidney shaped and the old Kreepy Krawly used to go to the far end but the new circular one (like the beer advert where the washing machine ends up in the pool - you know) rarely goes up the other end. The hose is left in the sun and dead straight when it goes in so that isn't the problem, it just manages to take a pattern which ties it, if not in knots, then in loops. Easiest thing is to use the pole brush and sweep the far end towards the middle and let the cleaner take care of it from there. I did wonder about wrapping duct tape around it to try and encourage it to be stiff (a kind of pool cleaner fluffer)